Hello All,

Having switched from the old Wii I have now invested in the new Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb which I am eagerly awaiting. I was going to buy the Playstation VR at the same time but a store employee said that there are rumours that spectacle wearers are experiencing misting/steaming up during use. Is this true or just yak - any advice would be much appreciated by this newbie.
    10-20-2016 04:26 PM
    Hello All,

Having switched from the old Wii I have now invested in the new Playstation 4 Pro 1Tb which I am eagerly awaiting. I was going to buy the Playstation VR at the same time but a store employee said that there are rumours that spectacle wearers are experiencing misting/steaming up during use. Is this true or just yak - any advice would be much appreciated by this newbie.
    Hi, welcome to the forum.

Well all VR headset gets some mist or condensation in the lens, that's because we sweat and originally it's just water steam, I don't know what exactly was referring the seller but if I'd that, all the VR headsets have that problem, but it's something you learn to deal with, actually is not as bad as you may expect, eventually the lens get clean after the temperature is equal in the whole headset and the condensation stops.
    10-20-2016 04:47 PM
    well i wear glasses and have yet to experience this issue. so its one of those your mileage may vary things. I'm sure different temperatures can have an effect and so can the way you breath.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-20-2016 05:29 PM
    Thank you guys for the helpful info - I will proceed with the Playstation VR and will post my experiences later as my wife says I can't open it until Christmas!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-21-2016 05:10 AM
    Thank you guys for the helpful info - I will proceed with the Playstation VR and will post my experiences later as my wife says I can't open it until Christmas!
    I have found that the nose pieces on the rubber around the headset sometimes fold inexplicably in on themselves, which has left me steamy mcsteamface glasses or no glasses. Something to bear in mind when getting comfy. If all is sealed well you should be fine.
    10-22-2016 10:07 AM
    I always clean my glasses and my HMD with anti-fog cleaner designed for ski and paintball googles. I get mine at a local sporting goods store for 5-7 USD, and it works for about 3-4 uses at an hour each before I have to reapply.
    BioFanatic likes this.
    10-22-2016 10:30 AM
    This is, without a doubt, the best VR headset for folks with glasses. I've worn them all at length, and this is the most comfortable.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    the_moesiah likes this.
    10-25-2016 08:02 AM
    I've used PSVR for a little while and I'd say that while glasses aren't exactly perfect, they still work pretty well with the headset. Luckily I'm in a position where I can remove them without really affecting my experience, but I never had any issues with them steaming up when I have used them.
    10-25-2016 10:46 AM
    Thanks everyone! I really needed to know what the glasses experience was like as I've been worrying about it and too much of a chicken for eye surgery....
    10-28-2016 06:42 AM
    https://vr-lens-lab.com is a company you need to keep your eyes on (no pun intended). They make prescription inserts for VR headsets. They aren't supporting Sony yet, but I'm sure it's coming. I just emailed them to ask so I'll keep everyone updated.
    10-30-2016 07:29 PM
    They said they are looking into it but there's no set timeline
    11-03-2016 01:02 PM