How about a doubles mode in the feature add list?
    Doubles is definitely one of the highest requested features from the community and on our radar for potentially features to be added in the future.
    krisguy likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:36 PM
    Got any favorite tips for playing?
    *Cough* https://www.vrheads.com/five-tips-eternal-victory-sparc *cough*
    Russell Holly and jjd728 like this.
    09-13-2017 01:36 PM
    Doubles is definitely one of the highest requested features from the community and on our radar for potentially features to be added in the future.
    This would be both fun and insane! Having 4 balls bouncing around in the court, especially the size that it is, would be intense
    09-13-2017 01:37 PM
    Is there anything that the development team really wanted to get into the final version but was ultimately left on the cutting room floor? If so, would it be possible future content?
    krisguy likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:39 PM
    What is the best way to do get started? I've seen PSVRFrank on YouTube try a "warmup" game mode. Will this single player version get expanded down the road?
    09-13-2017 01:44 PM
    Now that the game has launched and the patches are flying (1.04 just dropped yesterday), what has been the biggest surprise? What thing players are doing when playing in the wold caught you off guard?
    Our biggest surprise is how much stamina some of the players have! I've read multiple times online about 7-8 hour sessions of Sparc.
    James Bricknell likes this.
    09-13-2017 01:45 PM
    7-8 hours? I call shenanigans. I get tired just watching the videos.
    09-13-2017 01:46 PM
    So one of the things I really love about Sparc is how competitive it gets when you're in the middle of a brawl, and how it really feels like a sport. Did either of you guys play sports as kids? Did that make you want to go the extra step to bring sports to VR?
    I played Ultimate Frisbee in high school and college (somewhat competitively), and a lot of backyard basketball growing up.

Ultimately, we looked at both "making it more game-like" and "making it more sport-like" and decided that the sports route was the best fit for what we wanted to do with the game - the sports route really brings the immersion of VR home. Having said that, a lot of us are big fans of Rocket League as a blending of the two.
    09-13-2017 01:48 PM
    Our biggest surprise is how much stamina some of the players have! I've read multiple times online about 7-8 hour sessions of Sparc.
    7 HOURS?! WOW.

I tap out at about the hour mark. How long is the average Sparc session at CCPGames HQ?
    09-13-2017 01:50 PM
    Another question I had, was regarding enhancements planned for the game to promote the competitive nature of the game. Such as leader boards, leagues, esports, etc. Any big plans for this type stuff? This seems like the prime type game for this!
    09-13-2017 01:52 PM
    7 HOURS?! WOW.

I tap out at about the hour mark. How long is the average Sparc session at CCPGames HQ?
    Again. SHENANIGANS!The Sparc AMA Thread! [Starts at 2PM Eastern]-shenanigans-300x225.jpg

No, seriously, if anyone can pull off more than 2 hours, that's amazing. I have joint degeneration in my shoulders, so if I can go more than 20 minutes, I'm happy.
    09-13-2017 01:55 PM
    What is the best way to do get started? I've seen PSVRFrank on YouTube try a "warmup" game mode. Will this single player version get expanded down the road?
    Definitely start out with the tutorial and from there try a few challenge modes before stepping into online play within Basic mode. But, if you're feeling adventurous.. dive right into online play after tutorial!

Another question I had, was regarding enhancements planned for the game to promote the competitive nature of the game. Such as leader boards, leagues, esports, etc. Any big plans for this type stuff? This seems like the prime type game for this!
    There have been multiple community tournaments started / completed since the launch of Sparc and we'll have news soon about official ones hosted by the us.
    09-13-2017 01:55 PM
    So in terms of DLC, have you guys been thinking about it?

New arena's to play in perhaps? or courts? IS DLC a thing you want to do or will it be just adding to the game in patches?
    jjd728 likes this.
    09-13-2017 02:00 PM
    So in terms of DLC, have you guys been thinking about it?

New arena's to play in perhaps? or courts? IS DLC a thing you want to do or will it be just adding to the game in patches?
    Piggybacking on this question any thoughts about a level editor. I guess maybe that would be more a Sparc 2 feature? lol With different arenas with different physics, and different configurations? Maybe some obstacles you have to throw around and/or use to bounce off of? Or am I over thinking this?
    09-13-2017 03:09 PM
    Piggybacking on this question any thoughts about a level editor. I guess maybe that would be more a Sparc 2 feature? lol With different arenas with different physics, and different configurations? Maybe some obstacles you have to throw around and/or use to bounce off of? Or am I over thinking this?
    They said earlier they wanted the game to be more about the sport rather than the gimmick. So i don't think we will see this stuff in Sparc. though maybe Sparc: The Streets could be a good followup game
    09-13-2017 04:16 PM
    I've seen some video about this game on YouTube, and it looks fun. Can you guys describe the process for us developers who don't go into gaming? What does it (generally) take to make a VR game?

Specifically:
    • Platform(s) to support - why?
    • Engine to use - Unreal, Unity, in-house, or other?
    • VSports - was this a forethought in the design of this game?
    Platforms is a pretty broad topic - there are business considerations as well as technical / skillset / experience. That's pretty much always going to be case-by-case.
    Engine - we used Unreal Engine 4 for Sparc.
    vSports - it was always a consideration and became a guiding principle as we refined the gameplay experience.
    09-13-2017 04:48 PM
    That's all the time we've got for today, thank you VRHeads for having us! Thank YOU the community for supporting Sparc. See you in the courts!

Make sure to follow our social for up to date news!
    @PlaySparc | www.PlaySparc.com | Discord | /r/PlaySparc
    Last edited by CCP_Elvine; 09-13-2017 at 05:11 PM.
    09-13-2017 04:51 PM
    As a community member, I want to personally thank CCP_Elvine for taking the time to answer our questions! This has been a most informative forum thread. This is why I keep coming back to VRHeads day after day!
    09-14-2017 07:56 AM
43 12