Alright, I'm convinced that I need to get PSVR. I already have a Vive, so I know what to expect with a good HMD. I currently have an Xbox One (love me, Windows Central), but that's it. Haven't had a PlayStation since the PS2.

1. Should I get the regular or pro? I don't plan on getting a 4K display anytime soon, plus Steam has been taking a ton of my money because of my Vive.

2. Should I wait until next spring, or is it a must have for Xmas? Again, I have a great VR experience right now.
    10-27-2016 12:20 AM
    I'd go with the Pro for sure (that's what I'm doing). Will give the ultimate VR experience, and while it costs more, it'll be more 'future proof' than the regular edition. Just my two cents.
    Chemy JMHT and jsarino like this.
    10-27-2016 10:58 AM
    Reasons to get a pro.
    improved speed and graphic processing.
    4k streaming if one has a 4k tv.
    HDR if you one has an hdr capable tv and either dont have a psvr or want to swap tv inputs between ps4 and psvr.

reasons to get a slim
    Cheaper

Reasons to get a used regular ps4

cheaper and also has a seperate digital audio out. the slim lacks this.

personally im gonna trade in my ps4 for a ps4 pro. I do have a 4k HDR capable tv. To me its worth it just for the improved performance.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-27-2016 11:28 AM
    Doesn anyone knows if its possible to pair 2 or more VR sets on same console and play games with friends in same room?
    10-27-2016 12:11 PM
    I will go with the pro in this case
    10-27-2016 02:49 PM
    For those that do not own a PS4 I would recommend to wait for the Pro version. As for those like myself, I don't find it worth the upgrade.

Totally up to you if you want to proceed. What would be nice is if a Pro bundle be made available that includes a game or something.

What games you plan on getting for the PS4?

10-27-2016 03:14 PM
    Doesn anyone knows if its possible to pair 2 or more VR sets on same console and play games with friends in same room?
    Unfortunately only one psvr per ps4. you can have multiple ps4s each with a psvr and play some local multiplayer games.

This limitation probably has to do with the fact the playstation only has one video card. VR is a lot for a video card to process.

Chemy JMHT likes this.
    10-27-2016 04:16 PM
    Get the Pro, reasons to brag in front of those who don't have it! Lol

Well actually the first two responses are pretty clear about the reasons.

So you will have Rift two? The Holy Trinity?
    10-27-2016 05:29 PM
    Get the Pro, reasons to brag in front of those who don't have it! Lol

Well actually the first two responses are pretty clear about the reasons.

So you will have Rift two? The Holy Trinity?
    i knew i was forgetting something...bragging rights, duh.

10-27-2016 07:29 PM
    For those that do not own a PS4 I would recommend to wait for the Pro version. As for those like myself, I don't find it worth the upgrade.

Totally up to you if you want to proceed. What would be nice is if a Pro bundle be made available that includes a game or something.

What games you plan on getting for the PS4?

I like EVE: Valkyrie and I want Resident Evil when it comes out. As far as other games, I've been so focused on Steam and Oculus that I haven't even looked.

My spring comment is that do I need to spend the money now, or will I be okay waiting until I get my tax return. I also have to get a Xbox One S because I have 4 gamers in my house now.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    10-28-2016 06:25 AM
    Great, thanks. It comes to my mind that it would be awesome to have something like Wii but in VR.
    10-28-2016 08:23 AM
    Reasons to get a pro.
    improved speed and graphic processing.
    4k streaming if one has a 4k tv.
    HDR if you one has an hdr capable tv and either dont have a psvr or want to swap tv inputs between ps4 and psvr.

reasons to get a slim
    Cheaper

Reasons to get a used regular ps4

cheaper and also has a seperate digital audio out. the slim lacks this.

personally im gonna trade in my ps4 for a ps4 pro. I do have a 4k HDR capable tv. To me its worth it just for the improved performance.

Pretty much everything he said. The PS4 Slim is more than capable, but the Pro is likely to last you longer.
    10-28-2016 11:17 AM
    No, it's one headset per console.
    10-28-2016 11:18 AM
    I'm getting the Pro too. The 4K HDR TV I can wait until Black Friday or so. As James said, it'll be worth it to futureproof for VR and TV when you're ready.
    10-28-2016 06:47 PM
    No, it's one headset per console.
    That makes me a sad panda
    10-29-2016 06:01 AM
    That makes me a sad panda
    there are some games people can play along side a person wearing a vr and the others watching the tv.

10-29-2016 12:25 PM
    there are some games people can play along side a person wearing a vr and the others watching the tv.

That sounds like a next best thing I guess..
    10-30-2016 06:52 AM
    Alright, I'm convinced that I need to get PSVR. I already have a Vive, so I know what to expect with a good HMD. I currently have an Xbox One (love me, Windows Central), but that's it. Haven't had a PlayStation since the PS2.

1. Should I get the regular or pro? I don't plan on getting a 4K display anytime soon, plus Steam has been taking a ton of my money because of my Vive.

2. Should I wait until next spring, or is it a must have for Xmas? Again, I have a great VR experience right now.
    As they say, go pro or go home. Just never figured out who are they.
    10-31-2016 07:33 AM
    I literally have no clue why would someone want to buy slim and no PS4 Pro if you're up for buying a console and if you're serious about gaming.
    10-31-2016 09:27 AM
    If you're not in a rush, you can wait until you get your tax return. The headset and games will still be there. Might even go on sale. Maybe only rush the impulse buy if you find a launch bundle out in the wild, or if you watch some videos of the exclusives on youtube and feel like you HAVE to have them now.

As you said, you already have a Vive so you currently own the best VR headset available.

That said, if I were in your shoes, I'd get the PS4 Pro and PSVR before considering the Xbox ONE S. If you're already buying a new console anyway, it might as well be one you don't own, which has its own set of exclusives to explore. If you then still feel like getting a secondary Xbox, there's always the Scorpio next year, which will run games in 4K.
    11-01-2016 09:56 AM
    I also think you could wait, I think this very year all consoles will be on sale for several reasons, the announcement of the $300 VR headsets for windows, competition is raising and the companies need to keep selling.
    11-01-2016 10:18 AM
    1. You're getting almost twice the performance for +$100.
    2. Look at the current titles and see if there's enough enjoyable content for you today.
    11-01-2016 10:25 AM
    Exactly my point.
    11-01-2016 12:18 PM
    I also think you could wait, I think this very year all consoles will be on sale for several reasons, the announcement of the $300 VR headsets for windows, competition is raising and the companies need to keep selling.
    those $300 headsets sound more like how a gear vr works then how psvr and the like work. They use built in sensors to detect motion. so they wont be able to track your arms and hands moving. They arent going to be room scale vr.

11-01-2016 05:33 PM
    I'd sit tight, I am, I'll trade in my OG ps4 when the bundle surfaces.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-02-2016 01:11 PM