Think I'm going to drop the $$$ and get a PS4 Pro. Who's with me?
    11-11-2016 10:20 AM
    Nice. I've scene a lot of boxing videos online. Keep forgetting the Pro looks like a hamburger lol.

What games are you getting for the Pro? I know a few are getting some updates to take advantage of the Pro specs.
    11-11-2016 02:01 PM
    I will be trading my ps4 in for one. just need to back up all my kids saved games or else they'd be pissed.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-11-2016 06:42 PM
    Im definitely with you. My last console was a PlayStation 2 back in like 2006 lol ^_^

i think in december (when there are holiday specials) ill grab one. Looks awesome. i really miss my console.
    11-12-2016 12:12 PM
    Going to stick with my regular PS4 for awhile
    11-12-2016 02:16 PM
    And now that we're seeing performance issues with the Pro, I'm guessing they rushed to ship on time which is a bummer.

EgoAnt likes this.
    11-14-2016 04:29 PM
    I have a standard PS4 already, so I'll probably stick with that for a bit. I keep meaning to pick up an Xbox One S, but I should probably complete a small fraction of my backlog on my existing consoles first.
    11-16-2016 11:52 AM
    Well. I've just get a brand new PS4 Pro. My "release day" PS4 was having problems with the power source so I've changed by the Pro using a renew offer in a GAME store. Now I have a better, double HD space, new PS4 for less than the half of the retail price (I paid 190€ instead of the 399€ it cost here in Spain), so I'm quite happy.

I haven't notice any change in performance except the main menu are quite faster and perhaps a little faster loading. At least with the games I have installed right now (I always buy digital and I uninstall them whenever I complete them). I tested Skyrim SE which is one of the improved AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $I$ $should$ $reinstall$ $the$ $games$ $or$ $something$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $improved$ $version$.
    11-16-2016 06:17 PM
    Got my ps4 pro yesterday....more than 24hours later still downloading my originals content....hopefully will be able to try it out tommorrow.

iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-16-2016 07:39 PM
    Well. I've just get a brand new PS4 Pro. My "release day" PS4 was having problems with the power source so I've changed by the Pro using a renew offer in a GAME store. Now I have a better, double HD space, new PS4 for less than the half of the retail price (I paid 190€ instead of the 399€ it cost here in Spain), so I'm quite happy.

I haven't notice any change in performance except the main menu are quite faster and perhaps a little faster loading. At least with the games I have installed right now (I always buy digital and I uninstall them whenever I complete them). I tested Skyrim SE which is one of the improved AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $don$'$t$ $know$ $if$ $I$ $should$ $reinstall$ $the$ $games$ $or$ $something$ $to$ $get$ $the$ $improved$ $version$.
    As que en Espaa y por solo €190, quizs el dinero extra pudieras usarlo en un SSD (Disco de estado slido) si tambin instalas y luego eliminas al finalizar.

BTW I'm not in Spain (my sister does).

I think the SSD is something nice to do, and about the problems, some pages are showing some problems with overheating and some performance issues with some particular games.
    11-16-2016 07:40 PM
    As que en Espaa y por solo €190, quizs el dinero extra pudieras usarlo en un SSD (Disco de estado slido) si tambin instalas y luego eliminas al finalizar.

BTW I'm not in Spain (my sister does).

I think the SSD is something nice to do, and about the problems, some pages are showing some problems with overheating and some performance issues with some particular games.
    Genial! Thank you, Chemy. It's always nice to read something in your own language in an international forum (you, lucky English speakers don't have that problem)

Of course, a SSD would be a great upgrade but I think I'd prefer to buy a PSVR instead. ^_^ Maybe later. Anyway, I made a backup on hard disk before selling my old console and it took no more than three hours to restore it on the new one.

PS: I don't know why my previous post looks so weird with the dollar signs. That was not my fault
    11-21-2016 08:13 PM
    Genial! Thank you, Chemy. It's always nice to read something in your own language in an international forum (you, lucky English speakers don't have that problem)

Of course, a SSD would be a great upgrade but I think I'd prefer to buy a PSVR instead. ^_^ Maybe later. Anyway, I made a backup on hard disk before selling my old console and it took no more than three hours to restore it on the new one.

PS: I don't know why my previous post looks so weird with the dollar signs. That was not my fault
    No te preocupes por los signos de dlar, yo entend por lo menos, respecto a comprar un PSVR, excelente eleccin, por cierto, yo y VirtuaTyKing tenemos dos hilos de concursos, cabe destacar que yo obtuve mi Rift y mi PSVR (an sin recibir) en concursos, pudieras probar suerte, claro si ganas, debes hacrnoslo saber para celebrar todos!

Aqu los hilos:
    http://forums.vrheads.com/contests-g...-share-8205/i4

http://forums.vrheads.com/contests-g...hare-8408-new/

Good luck!!!
    11-21-2016 08:51 PM
    No te preocupes por los signos de dlar, yo entend por lo menos, respecto a comprar un PSVR, excelente eleccin, por cierto, yo y VirtuaTyKing tenemos dos hilos de concursos, cabe destacar que yo obtuve mi Rift y mi PSVR (an sin recibir) en concursos, pudieras probar suerte, claro si ganas, debes hacrnoslo saber para celebrar todos!
    Thank you for those links. Really useful! I've never won anything but I'll keep trying. I would prefer to get the Oculus or Vive instead of the PSVR because I am more interested in other uses than games but I am a Mac user and I have no intention of purchasing a powerful PC just for that. Though if I won them in a contest I could consider it…
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-22-2016 04:57 AM
    Well hey you never know, we may have another contest coming...
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-23-2016 02:48 PM
    Well hey you never know, we may have another contest coming...
    Woo hoo!

Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-23-2016 03:13 PM
    Woo hoo!

So you may have two if the contest comes after you got yours, keeping one and trading the other for games!
    11-23-2016 10:46 PM
    So you may have two if the contest comes after you got yours, keeping one and trading the other for games!
    LOL we shall see

11-23-2016 11:56 PM
    @iThunderbirt your avatar is the best.
    12-02-2016 04:09 PM
    @iThunderbirt your avatar is the best.
    Thank you sir!

12-02-2016 06:25 PM
    If you are still using a 1080p plasma TV, do you see a difference with the Pro compared to a PS4 slim ?
    12-07-2016 11:11 AM
    If you are still using a 1080p plasma TV, do you see a difference with the Pro compared to a PS4 slim ?
    If using a 1080p plasma (I have a 2007 model) I believe there will not be a big difference graphic wise. I do believe loading times will be a tad quicker and frames rates will be smoother. By how much that I am not sure.

In case you were not aware, the only way to see a real "wow factor" when using a PS4 Pro would be to get a 4K HDR (high dynamic range) TV. THEN you would effeminately see a difference provided the game supports PS4 Pro HDR 4K.

In short, if you don't plan to get a 4K TV anytime soon, the PS4 performs quite well. I have both the Xbox One and PS4 (1st gen) and when I compare the game Destiny, I definitely see a difference graphics wise in where the PS4 looks much nicer. I think this is because Xbox One (I have 1st gen) runs at 720p but I might be wrong.
    12-07-2016 10:08 PM
    I don't even have a TV hooked up to the thing. It's exclusively connected to the PSVR. That was a confusing first time set up let me tell you.
    12-08-2016 06:33 PM
    I don't even have a TV hooked up to the thing. It's exclusively connected to the PSVR. That was a confusing first time set up let me tell you.
    No kidding, I bet that was tedious.
    12-15-2016 12:01 PM
    I bought my original PS4 at launch, my PSVR at launch and my PS4 Pro two weeks before Christmas. I am super happy with the upgrade. On PS4 Pro PSVR games look sharper as do non-PSVR games like Titanfall 2--even on my 1080P TV.
    12-31-2016 06:30 PM
    I bought my original PS4 at launch, my PSVR at launch and my PS4 Pro two weeks before Christmas. I am super happy with the upgrade. On PS4 Pro PSVR games look sharper as do non-PSVR games like Titanfall 2--even on my 1080P TV.
    Welcome to the forums.
    I didn't get the original ps4 skipped straight to the pro for xmas, dont regret it even though non-pro is cheaper.
    Klortch and the_moesiah like this.
    12-31-2016 08:31 PM
33 12