I've only tried the gear VR, but was wondering how similar the resolution between the two are?
    10-19-2016 08:49 AM
    apples to oranges. the gear vr has very noticible screen door effect and the psvr you really have to work tosee it.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-19-2016 09:37 AM
    what about the FOV - is it similar to gear vr?
    10-19-2016 04:32 PM
    They are really different experiences.

The best way I can explain, is that Gear VR is an awesome starter VR. You get access to tons of apps and games, and for the most part they're seriously awesome. However, as far as graphics go, the games aren't as polished as you'll see on PSVR. That makes sense too, after all it's VR that is running off of your phone. The headset can also be somewhat less comfortable, and you have a finite amount of time to play in a single setting because of your phone's heat buildup, and battery.

In comparison, PSVR is a step up. It's got the most comfortable headset for VR (in my opinion anyway), and you can play for as long as you can stay in VR since it's running off of your PS4 console. The caliber of games is also a lot higher, because you're running off of better specs. It's doubtful you'll ever see a AAA title for Gear VR because the tech just can't handle it.
    krisguy and ldog3211 like this.
    10-19-2016 04:37 PM
    what about the FOV - is it similar to gear vr?
    it seems to me that the psvr has a slightly wider fov.

10-19-2016 06:01 PM
    Not sure if I want to update my PC and save up for the rift or vive, or get the ps 4 pro and ps VR
    10-20-2016 03:19 AM
    Not sure if I want to update my PC and save up for the rift or vive, or get the ps 4 pro and ps VR
    Are you a pc gamer or a console gamer. if you are a pc gamer and have the space then go the pc route. It is superior. Depending on your current pc, it would cost you the same as psvr pro when all is said and done.
    400 for ps pro
    500 for psvr bundle
    $900

if all you need is a graphics card then its a wash. if you need more then it might be a little more expensive. and then Any improvement you make will help all the other pc games you have.

of your not a pc gamer then the psvr might be the better route.

duke1231 likes this.
    10-20-2016 05:43 PM
    I have a Gear VR and was wondering what the difference is as well. Where I live, there aren't any demo stations even relatively close (within 100 miles), so I don't really want to hear "you have to try it to see". Does the resolution appear lower or higher on the PSVR compared to Gear VR? How about the screen door effect? FOV? Just want to sort of understand how it compares before I drop $400 on the unit.
    10-20-2016 08:33 PM
    I have a Gear VR and was wondering what the difference is as well. Where I live, there aren't any demo stations even relatively close (within 100 miles), so I don't really want to hear "you have to try it to see". Does the resolution appear lower or higher on the PSVR compared to Gear VR? How about the screen door effect? FOV? Just want to sort of understand how it compares before I drop $400 on the unit.
    gear to psvr is like sd television to hd television.

the gear is a sit down experience. the psvr has good motion tracking.

fov seems slightly better on the psvr.

games are better obviously on psvr, fps graphics quality, gameplay.

screen door effect is horrible on gear. on the psvr its almost nonexistent. (hence the sd to hd comparison above).

as far as whether its worth dropping $400 on a psvr, sadly its something you would have to decide for yourself. I own both and still use both. gear vr is very portable so it has its uses.

When people say try it out, they truly mean it. it would suck buying it only to find out you suffer from vr sickness or simply dont like it.

Before i bought a gear vr, it tried it out. I liked it so i bought it. When the psvr was announced i knew it was something wanted so i preordered from amazon. When they started doing demos at best buy I went and tried it out. I had to find if I needed to cancel my preorder. Trying it out made me comfortable dropping 400 on it and relieved that I had the opportunity to avoid an expensive loss had i not liked it.

It sucks you dont have any place to demo it. The psvr is way better than the gear. for me it was worth it.

Oh and not getting the overheat warning every 15 minutes is priceless.

duke1231 likes this.
    10-20-2016 09:53 PM