I'm looking at getting a PS4, wondering if I also get the PSVR can I play non VR games using the VR headset like a screen basically? Say my wife is using the TV but I want to play a game, can I just put the headset on and play any game or does it only work with VR games. I just think that would be awesome, put a virtual TV in front of me with any game on it so I can play it with headphones so I don't need the TV.
    10-19-2016 11:14 AM
    According to this blog, the answers is yes you can...

Everything you need to know about PlayStation VR | VRHeads

We know that Sony is offering the ability to play normal PS4 games in a virtual environment through the PlayStation VR, and all of those games will require the controller.
    According to this blog, the answers is yes you can...

Everything you need to know about PlayStation VR | VRHeads

We know that Sony is offering the ability to play normal PS4 games in a virtual environment through the PlayStation VR, and all of those games will require the controller.
    Theot likes this.
    10-19-2016 11:42 AM
    I don't have the PSVR yet but I think that is perfectly possible. I've read about being able to see the screen when connected to Xbox One and Wii U so… yes. I'm looking forward to be able to use that way too.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-19-2016 11:44 AM
    Can't wait for doing Division runs in PSVR
    pkcable likes this.
    10-19-2016 12:23 PM
    Here is my youtube link for configuring and running battlefield 1 in vr when dice said in statement " Do not expect anytime soon"
    Theot and krisguy like this.
    10-19-2016 12:48 PM
    Should be possible to have a huge screen just don't expect it to appear like it's a HD screen.
    krisguy likes this.
    10-19-2016 01:25 PM
    I'm looking at getting a PS4, wondering if I also get the PSVR can I play non VR games using the VR headset like a screen basically? Say my wife is using the TV but I want to play a game, can I just put the headset on and play any game or does it only work with VR games. I just think that would be awesome, put a virtual TV in front of me with any game on it so I can play it with headphones so I don't need the TV.
    yes one person could be using the tv for something else while you are on the psvr. you can also technically use any input in your psvr, not just the ps4. sobyourbwife could be watching tv, and youbcould be playing an wii or xbox (basically anything with hdmi output.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    pkcable and Theot like this.
    10-19-2016 05:06 PM
    basically anything with hdmi output.
    Wow. So… you could plug it to the computer. I know the resolution is poor but I have to try it. One of my dreams is using my computer in VR with infinite huge virtual windows and hands and keyboard representation. Xcode VR FTW!!
    10-20-2016 02:26 AM
    I know my Vive does that with Virtual Desktop, and I love it. SteamVR also has a game theater mode too.

I don't see what would prevent Sony from doing the same thing.
    Theot likes this.
    10-20-2016 02:57 AM
    That's awesome, thanks for the input guys. I have to admit I thought VR was going to be a flop until I bought an S7 and got a Gear VR with it. Even then I only took it because it was free but since I had it thought I would try it out and its a lot of fun, I love Gunjack. I'm cautiously optimistic now, because I may not always want to do a "VR" game, but the ability to play a game using it as a virtual screen when I can't access the TV is a big selling point.
    pkcable and krisguy like this.
    10-20-2016 08:34 AM
    Hey Theot, have you made a Altspace account yet? Let's hang out on your Gear!

Altspace account setup: https://account.altvr.com/users/sign_up

Post your username here: http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...ce-names-8094/
    10-20-2016 10:34 PM
    Hey Theot, have you made a Altspace account yet? Let's hang out on your Gear!

Altspace account setup: https://account.altvr.com/users/sign_up

Post your username here: http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...ce-names-8094/
    Nope, what is it?
    10-21-2016 08:20 AM
    Nope, what is it?
    Online meeting place. Sorta like a virtual town hall, or auditorium. Ever seen "Ted Talks?" Think of that but in VR. But more than just, besides events with known famous people, you can just hangout and chat too.
    10-21-2016 12:13 PM
    Online meeting place. Sorta like a virtual town hall, or auditorium. Ever seen "Ted Talks?" Think of that but in VR. But more than just, besides events with known famous people, you can just hangout and chat too.
    Huh, that's interesting. I can see that being used for business meetings and stuff.
    10-21-2016 01:14 PM