I don't often pine for non-VR games to be in VR anymore, because there really are so many options now it's too much to keep track of, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is going to make me put the headset down for a couple of days and really dig in. It looks SO GOOD, and while I know this gameplay style wouldn't lend itself well to VR I can't help but want to see this world through my headset.

Anyone else have games like that?
    Klortch likes this.
    02-20-2017 01:03 PM
    I don't often pine for non-VR games to be in VR anymore, because there really are so many options now it's too much to keep track of, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is going to make me put the headset down for a couple of days and really dig in. It looks SO GOOD, and while I know this gameplay style wouldn't lend itself well to VR I can't help but want to see this world through my headset.

Anyone else have games like that?
    Agreed! It's games like this with an "open world concept" that make me want to see it in VR from our avatar's perspective. Maybe one day.

Also, can't wait to get my copy of Horizon: Zero Dawn! @Russell Holly, I presume you will also be getting it on day one?
    02-20-2017 05:29 PM
    I have it pre-ordered, but I may not be able to play it much until the week after.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    02-20-2017 05:37 PM
    Russell, please, it's already a busy enough month with this and Nintendo Switch.

WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME FOR THE AWESOME ALREADY!
    02-21-2017 08:32 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm feeling there's a lack of VR support from Sony's big exclusives this year? At launch it seemed like more of Sony's big IP would be seeing VR experiences?
    02-21-2017 09:15 AM
    Put me down as another person who can't wait to play HZD! Day one digital for me!

There are several specific games I want in VR: Rainbow Six, Splinter Cell, Hitman, TellTale Games like The Walking Dead, etc., but there are also genres I want to see. I want a simple, straight-forward multiplayer arena shooter. It could even be retro and look like Doom or original Quake--I just want that free-for-all arena deathmatch experience in VR. I am also waiting for a first-person dungeon crawler RPG of some kind.
    02-21-2017 09:34 AM
    Russell, please, it's already a busy enough month with this and Nintendo Switch.

WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME FOR THE AWESOME ALREADY!
    Things that are true stories.
    02-21-2017 11:42 AM
    Maybe it's just me, but I'm feeling there's a lack of VR support from Sony's big exclusives this year? At launch it seemed like more of Sony's big IP would be seeing VR experiences?
    It certainly seems like Sony has cooled off a little on their own IP in this, but with Resi7 here and Star Trek coming its all good. Maybe We'll get some surprises at E3 or GDC.
    02-21-2017 11:44 AM
    I'd love to see more big RPGs that were available in VR. It's my favorite genre. Survival horror in the vein of like...Last of Us or Bioshock would also be really awesome to see. Survival Horror/Action seems like it could be absolutely amazing because of the environments. The level of detail in them on the television screen already creeps me out so being totally surrounded by it would really be fantastic to see.

And of course I'm also sitting here counting down the days until I can go pick up HZD at the midnight release. I've been waiting impatiently since that first E3 video and it's so close nooooow.
    Klortch and iThunderbirt like this.
    02-21-2017 01:20 PM
    Survival horror in the vein of like...Last of Us or Bioshock would also be really awesome to see. Survival Horror/Action seems like it could be absolutely amazing because of the environments. The level of detail in them on the television screen already creeps me out so being totally surrounded by it would really be fantastic to see.
    Yes! I couldn't agree more on how amazing open-world survival horror games would be in VR! Just imagine what something like 'State of Decay' or 'Day Z' would be like in VR where you truly had that feeling of zombies or infected in the world all around you. :-O
    02-21-2017 02:08 PM
    I just watched a video on Horizon: Zero Dawn and you're right. It does look awesome. If only I could win the current contest so I had a Playstation 4 ... ;-)

Seriously, I agree that it would be great to be able to experience that world in VR. Especially in a room scale environment, which I know the PSVR doesn't really have. The battle sequence I saw between the MC and the Corrupter machine would be incredibly intense in VR. Some of the mechanics, as you mentioned, would need to be changed to accommodate the first person view, but if it could be adapted ... sweet.
    02-22-2017 08:45 AM
    The game is not officially out, yet we already have some that are cosplaying Aloy. The costume is spot on.
    I need Horizon: Zero Dawn in my VR life!-c5i3d6zwiamkzmd.jpg

Source - Twitter
    Firegold21 likes this.
    02-22-2017 06:13 PM
    Too many games to keep track of. This is the first I'm hearing about HZD. I'm still trying to fully finish Witcher 3!
    02-23-2017 07:27 PM
    Too many games to keep track of. This is the first I'm hearing about HZD. I'm still trying to fully finish Witcher 3!
    Let me guess, only at 13% completion? j/k

Though I have not played Witcher 3, I have yet to finish Fallout 4 lol
    02-24-2017 04:47 PM
    Let me guess, only at 13% completion? j/k

Though I have not played Witcher 3, I have yet to finish Fallout 4 lol
    Maybe a bit more than 13%
    That's another one I didn't finish lol
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    02-24-2017 04:52 PM