After many, many time waiting for a VR headset I got a PSVR for my PS4 Pro. Sadly, after a few days testing every game and experience available, I had to return it to the store.

PSVR is awesome. Far beyond what I expected for the price. But it turns that I got really sick when the camera turn driving a car or walking. Yep, the old good motion sickness attacks again.

So, I'm really frustrated. My hope is that more powerful devices will make this condition less painful for me in a future.
    12-13-2016 04:00 PM
    You might be alright with a 90fps device.
    12-13-2016 04:27 PM
    My hope is that more powerful devices will make this condition less painful for me in a future.
    That's the issue with VR at the moment, some people are just more sensitive than others. My wife and my best friend both have issues with motion sickness in VR, it doesn't seem to matter which system they use.
    12-14-2016 12:53 PM
    That's so sad! Do you find yourself frequently motion sick in cars or trains?
    12-15-2016 01:00 PM
    After many, many time waiting for a VR headset I got a PSVR for my PS4 Pro. Sadly, after a few days testing every game and experience available, I had to return it to the store.

PSVR is awesome. Far beyond what I expected for the price. But it turns that I got really sick when the camera turn driving a car or walking. Yep, the old good motion sickness attacks again.

So, I'm really frustrated. My hope is that more powerful devices will make this condition less painful for me in a future.
    That sucks, but it can happen to any of us. I don't suffer from motion sickness in any VR games, or in life, except in two instances. I felt really bad in Super Stardust VR thanks to the way the motion in that game is played out, and this past weekend in Project Cars on a Vive. Hopefully the latter was just a result of being generally unwell but it's unfortunate that it can rear its head at any time.

Hope you find a way to get back on the wagon soon!
    12-15-2016 01:32 PM
    Wow mate that's sad, maybe you can try another HMD and see how it goes, as I always say, try it more than once, different experiences also.

I was playing InCell and was getting some nauseous but this time I was so focused on the game that I didn't stop, after a short time I felt ok again, maybe because I was breathing through my mouth and we can get more air or something.

But if the PSVR gave you motion sickness all the time is bad.
    12-15-2016 01:54 PM
    That sucks, but it can happen to any of us. I don't suffer from motion sickness in any VR games, or in life, except in two instances. I felt really bad in Super Stardust VR thanks to the way the motion in that game is played out, and this past weekend in Project Cars on a Vive. Hopefully the latter was just a result of being generally unwell but it's unfortunate that it can rear its head at any time.

Hope you find a way to get back on the wagon soon!
    Is it even possible to play Project Cars without being reliant on reprojection? What kind of gpu and settings are you using? I ask because I tried it but I didn't have the time to adjust all the settings. I felt real rough when it dropped beneath reprojection 45 fps. 90 fps all the way would be nice but I can imagine the graphics would take a big hit.

I wouldn't say 45 fps makes me feel ill but it's just too similar to racing at 30 fps on a monitor rather than at 60 fps.
    Last edited by VirtuaTyKing; 12-15-2016 at 02:13 PM.
    12-15-2016 01:54 PM
    Is it even possible to play Project Cars without being reliant on reprojection? What kind of gpu and settings are you using? I ask because I tried it but I didn't have the time to adjust all the settings. I felt real rough when it dropped beneath reprojection 45 fps. 90 fps all the way would be nice but I can imagine the graphics would take a big hit.

I wouldn't say 45 fps makes me feel ill but it's just too similar to racing at 30 fps on a monitor rather than at 60 fps.
    Couldn't tell you I'm afraid, was a demo someone else had set up. But I felt a bit sick at points. And I don't feel sick at all in Driveclub on the PSVR.
    12-15-2016 02:15 PM
    That's so sad! Do you find yourself frequently motion sick in cars or trains?
    No, but I had problems with that when I played FPS games on the Xbox 360 (but not on my PS4). I always thought this could be a problem with VR
    12-15-2016 02:18 PM
    Couldn't tell you I'm afraid, was a demo someone else had set up. But I felt a bit sick at points. And I don't feel sick at all in Driveclub on the PSVR.
    Probably fps dipping too low. To get Dirt playing at a stable 90 fps takes some tweaking even with a 1070. Project cars is way more demanding.
    12-15-2016 02:22 PM
    But if the PSVR gave you motion sickness all the time is bad.
    Not all time. Only when I walk, drive… other experiences were OK. Even Thumper! I enjoyed that one a lot!

DriveClub, RIGS, Battlezone, Here They Lie… that kind of games knock me down
    12-15-2016 02:24 PM
    Wow mate that's sad, maybe you can try another HMD and see how it goes, as I always say, try it more than once, different experiences also
    That's my only hope. This is the perfect timing to win any VR giveaway and try the "real" stuff
    Chemy JMHT and the_moesiah like this.
    12-15-2016 02:29 PM
    No, but I had problems with that when I played FPS games on the Xbox 360 (but not on my PS4). I always thought this could be a problem with VR
    I never used to be very sensitive to frame rates. I think playing Battlefield 4 on xbox one with it's constantly fluctuating frame rate changed that.
    I can bare some games at 30 fps but if I sit close to the screen it gets a bit uncomfortable.

Maybe I'm relating frame rate to motion sickness too much but I think it has a bit to do with it at least.

Btw I got really green on a hovercraft once.
    12-15-2016 02:37 PM
    Ah, man, that's terrible news. I sincerely hope the Rift or Vive works better if you decide to go that route.
    12-15-2016 03:47 PM
    Not all time. Only when I walk, drive… other experiences were OK. Even Thumper! I enjoyed that one a lot!

DriveClub, RIGS, Battlezone, Here They Lie… that kind of games knock me down
    Yeah, that sounds like classic cue correction. Your body just can not deal with your eyes seeing movement it can't feel. That's a real shame.
    12-16-2016 08:43 AM
    That's so sad Hopefully another VR experience (I'm thinking Vive or Rift) won't trigger the same sickness. If you give others a try be sure to report back to us. We're all standing by to help!!
    12-19-2016 05:06 PM
    I'm really sorry to hear that. Hopefully Microsoft's Xbox VR (when Project Scorpio comes out) will work better for you.
    12-20-2016 01:56 PM

Sorry to hear that it's never nice to purchase something you really want but motion sickness just takes over. Hopefully down the line when VR becomes much better, the sickness will go away. Maybe stick to the Wii for now. You can still use some controllers. It can be your beginner VR device
    01-16-2017 11:43 AM
    Sorry to hear that it's never nice to purchase something you really want but motion sickness just takes over. Hopefully down the line when VR becomes much better, the sickness will go away. Maybe stick to the Wii for now. You can still use some controllers. It can be your beginner VR device
    The Wii? come'on now is Switch time Matty!

I think maybe if the problem is VR itself some AR could do the trick, so HoloLens?
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 01-28-2017 at 05:09 PM.
    Matty likes this.
    01-16-2017 12:48 PM
    The Wii! LOL

I'll just wait for the second generation of VR devices. I bet this problem will be mitigated on each hardware iteration. By now, I've bought a eGPU box and I'll add a decent graphic card for using with my Macbook Pro. I guess I'll sell the PS4 Pro soon if I like the experience. This will allow me to upgrade to any serious VR set in a future.
    01-27-2017 03:02 PM
    The Wii! LOL

I'll just wait for the second generation of VR devices. I bet this problem will be mitigated on each hardware iteration. By now, I've bought a eGPU box and I'll add a decent graphic card for using with my Macbook Pro. I guess I'll sell the PS4 Pro soon if I like the experience. This will allow me to upgrade to any serious VR set in a future.
    What about trying instead a cheaper VR HMD like the PiMax or something like that?

Maybe lighter experiences like 360 videos to control the dizziness and then jumping into a more involving VR.
    01-28-2017 05:17 PM
    Have you tried the Vive?
    01-30-2017 03:03 PM