Home VRHeads Q&A > Playstation VR

How stable are the controllers and headset tracking?

Asked: Oct 21 2016 | 6:17 am EDT 1526 Views 9 Answers View Best Answer

Hi all.

I've been reading contradictory PSVR reviews these days and many of them refers to the lack of stability on headset and controllers tracking. It seems the "hands" on PS Move compatible games are continually shaking due to inaccurate camera tracking. Making the experience quite annoying.

I wonder if this may be just an incorrect setup or it is a real problem. Are you experiencing this issue?

Best Answer

Oct 21 2016 | 11:31 am EDT SedahDrol

well i think its there set up. most of the time when I have had issues is because I set the game up wrong. Recentering fixes all my issues.

Ive been impressed with the tracking actually.

Dont have bright lights behind you. make sure you are facing the camera when you start a game. Make sure you arent too close or too far away from the camera.

Keep in mind i use move controllers in the games that support it.

My kids and I play job simulator a lot and we dont have have issues in that game as long as we callibrate properly.

Ive played batmab without issues also.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android

More Answers

Oct 21 2016 | 7:44 am EDT pkcable

Unfortunately I don't have a PSVR, (I'm just stuck with an old school XBox) so I can't really help. HOWEVER I have reached out to a few friends who MAY be able to help. Please standby!
Oct 22 2016 | 2:31 am EDT rmvz3

Well, I supposed the problem was bad setup. I've seen many videos on the Internet showing Batman suffering Parkinson's disease. I'm glad that it won't be an issue.
Oct 22 2016 | 6:21 pm EDT Joshua Richards1

The Verge pointed out that the controls do not track very well. That was a deal breaker for me.
Oct 24 2016 | 8:32 am EDT iThunderbirt

Ive played batmab without issues also.
First, very nice to hear your experience with the PSVR is going well. Looking forward to when I get one.

How have you been enjoying Batman VR sor far?
Oct 24 2016 | 11:07 am EDT Pentago

I'm mainly interested in how headset tracking affects my physical balance because if the motion and video aren't in sync closely I can bet I
ll get sick of it pretty fast. Have similar thing happening to me while having my reading glasses, god knows how VR will work for me, especially in action-packed games like FPS's.
Oct 24 2016 | 6:16 pm EDT SedahDrol

First, very nice to hear your experience with the PSVR is going well. Looking forward to when I get one.

How have you been enjoying Batman VR sor far?
Batman Vr is short but after your first playthrough you can go again and unlock other stuff so there is some replayability. There is also a target range where yoy can throw batarangs.

Oct 24 2016 | 6:25 pm EDT SedahDrol

I'm mainly interested in how headset tracking affects my physical balance because if the motion and video aren't in sync closely I can bet I
ll get sick of it pretty fast. Have similar thing happening to me while having my reading glasses, god knows how VR will work for me, especially in action-packed games like FPS's.
The headtracking is pretty good. it can get glitchy the closer to the edge of the game area you are. Other things that can mess with your equilibrium is literally attempting to walk off a ledge where a game doesnt account for the effects of gravity. Also walking into a wall can mess with you.

i havent played any games that have had any sort of delay in head tracking. though teleporting might cause some issues.

Unfortunately its a trial by fire sort of thing, you wont know until you try as to how sick will get playing in vrspace.

Oct 25 2016 | 6:58 am EDT Russell Holly

Calibration and recalibration is important with PSVR. If you have PSVR set up in a room with inconsistent lighting throughout the day you may find the experience is not the same throughout the day. You can recalibrate fairly quickly, but I've done this several times in the last week in order to get a better in-game experience.