On your marks. Get set...GO!!!!!

OK race car fans. If you are an owner of a PSVR this is a must see video.

Access PlayStation did a game play review of DrvieClube VR for the PSVR.

In the video, Dave (the person sharing his experience) is scene using a very sweet setup. He is using a steering wheel and sitting in a chair similar to if he was in a race car seat. When looking at the video, you get a good feel of what to expect if you decide to do a similar setup. This is really a whole new level of game play. In this example, when using VR, now you need to take into consideration the rear view mirror, checking blind spots, etc. If I am not mistaken, before VR, certain game gave the option to view your blind spots by moving the joystick (maybe with a button combination). But now that option is no longer needed thanks to VR and makes for those using a regular gamepad not to worry to loose momentum.

I am not a racing car game fan BUT looking at this video sure makes me want to at least try it.

For all racing car game fans, is this the type of experience you are hoping to gain with a PSVR?

Chemy JMHT and Cale Hunt like this.
    11-05-2016 10:01 PM
    This is the first demo I'm going to try when I get the PSVR. Race games are made for VR. They say the resolution seems to be quite low through the headset but it looks amazing inmersive. However, I don't think the experience be the same without the steering wheel.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-05-2016 10:31 PM
    You are making me suffer mate!

You are making want that setup now, I really want a steering wheel and I can't spend that money lol

Really amazing, the most interesting thing is how Dave is immersed in the game.

Great video, thanks for sharing it!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-05-2016 11:17 PM
    iRacing.com supports HMDs now if you want a real racing sim on PC. My only issue is that iRacing is hard to play with an Xbox control. You have to have a 900 degree wheel for that. Do the Logitech wheels work on Drive Club VR?
    11-06-2016 11:31 AM
    No question that a wheel setup would make it more realistic but I use a controller in Dirt and it's still immersive. If you've got the spare cash and room for that kind of setup go for it.
    11-06-2016 03:19 PM
    I only have a 270 degree wheel that is Xbox only. Not quite the same.
    11-06-2016 04:36 PM
    The closet to that setup I can get right now is this:

https://i.imgur.com/KOd5pYc.mp4

But looking in Amazon I found some interesting stuff really cheap:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_ex_n...UvrUvbUpU57722

And actually this one doesn't look too bad:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LZ3AEFP...UvrUvbUpU57722

Mainly because of the price, pedals and compatible with both PC and PS4
    Cale Hunt likes this.
    11-06-2016 08:22 PM
    This is pretty awesome! Can't wait to see other driving (and flying) simulators come out for VR.
    Cale Hunt likes this.
    11-07-2016 10:52 AM
    Wow that top link is awesome! I've never seen anything like that.
    Chemy JMHT and iThunderbirt like this.
    11-07-2016 03:17 PM
    This is pretty awesome! Can't wait to see other driving (and flying) simulators come out for VR.
    I picked up a few on Steam. After I get past my wife's birthday this week, I'll make a list and some videos. Also, need to find a cheap Steam Key for Flight Sim X.
    jsarino and Chemy JMHT like this.
    11-08-2016 06:59 PM
    I have Driveclub VR now so hoping to get something done for the site soon enough. Bottom line, it's so fun.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-14-2016 10:53 AM
    I'm going to have fun watching, but I'm so very bad at racing games.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-14-2016 04:28 PM
    I have Driveclub VR now so hoping to get something done for the site soon enough. Bottom line, it's so fun.
    Nice! What is your preference in input device? Regular gamepad or racing wheel?

11-16-2016 03:20 PM
    I was remembering I used to play Need For Speed World and having a Class B car I was unstoppable against Class S cars...

I hope to see the next NFS version being as free as the World was and also VR!
    11-16-2016 07:06 PM
    That gameplay vid looks amazing. Think I need to pick up that title.
    11-17-2016 09:53 AM
    Too bad I'm stuck with iRacing and Project Cars.
    11-17-2016 10:51 AM
    Nice! What is your preference in input device? Regular gamepad or racing wheel?

At the minute I'm using the DualShock, as my wheel is an Xbox only one (Logitech G920). Have ordered a cheapo from Thrustmaster to try out though, since I don't think Driveclub is the type of game that warrants an expensive, 900 degree wheel. Should be here soon so I'll be back with thoughts after I've tried it out!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-18-2016 08:56 AM
    I wish I was better at racing games. They always look like so much fun until I get behind the wheel.
    11-21-2016 07:33 PM
    I wish I was better at racing games. They always look like so much fun until I get behind the wheel.
    I usually suck at everything, but practice mate, keep practicing, I was trully bad in NFS World until I got good doing it just some minutes daily.
    the_moesiah likes this.
    11-21-2016 08:06 PM
    I found a mod for Flight Simulator X that works with seated HMDs, but I didn't bookmark it. Will look again today.
    11-28-2016 07:48 AM
    I found a mod for Flight Simulator X that works with seated HMDs, but I didn't bookmark it. Will look again today.
    Post it up if you find out more!
    11-28-2016 09:47 AM
    I usually suck at everything, but practice mate, keep practicing, I was trully bad in NFS World until I got good doing it just some minutes daily.
    Good advice...but I see a shooter and just go play it lol
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-28-2016 07:38 PM
    I normally don't care for racing games but this looks so amazing I might have to pick up a copy.
    12-09-2016 02:58 PM
    I picked up the PS VR this weekend, and the first thing I tried was the VR Driveclub demo. It had my jaw on the ground within seconds... and I went and bought the full game the next day. I'm not even a fan of driving games, but this is AMAZING. Feels just like really driving... especially when you check your mirrors... the immersion is something else. I'm a 50 year old gamer, pretty jaded, and I do NOT like to pay full price for ANYTHING... I always wait for sales. Not this time! I paid full price for the PS VR, and Driveclub... and I'd do it again tomorrow. HUGE thumbs up on this technology!

-SkyBry
    12-12-2016 02:54 PM
    I picked up the PS VR this weekend, and the first thing I tried was the VR Driveclub demo. It had my jaw on the ground within seconds... and I went and bought the full game the next day. I'm not even a fan of driving games, but this is AMAZING. Feels just like really driving... especially when you check your mirrors... the immersion is something else. I'm a 50 year old gamer, pretty jaded, and I do NOT like to pay full price for ANYTHING... I always wait for sales. Not this time! I paid full price for the PS VR, and Driveclub... and I'd do it again tomorrow. HUGE thumbs up on this technology!

-SkyBry
    Nice! Enjoy your PSVR. What other games you plan in getting?

12-12-2016 03:57 PM
26 12