Are there any news about hacking the PSVR headset to connect it to a PC? It would be great if anybody could make a "jailbreak" to be able to use it with a regular computer. I'd like to enjoy experiences and experiments apart from official games. Even a simple media player would be awesome.
    10-06-2016 06:49 AM
    That's a good question. I would think that Sony has some sort of hardware-based DRM to make sure it only works with PS4, but I'm not a hardware modder at all.
    10-06-2016 08:25 AM
    The main issue would be having to program how to handle the input signals from the psvr. Then of coirse the head tracking. The light tracking would require additional programming. The easiest thing would be sending the video to the headset.

now playing psvr games on a pc would be an entirely different beast.

So sure you can probably get it to work with a pc but your better off getting a rift or vive.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-07-2016 11:24 AM
    Even if you can plug it (I don't remember if it has any weird connector) maybe you won't find any software to handle it, and if someone makes a software to do that Sony will hire him and sues him.

I'm sure the hardware is tested first in PC-like devices to test the signals from the circuits, also the connector may work with some USB standards or simply IEEE standards but the next part is the tricky one.

For me no hopes for this and the next year.
    10-07-2016 11:09 PM
    Well, I was thinking in any kind of hack exclusively for PSVR IF they can connect to a pc/mac. After all, if you can connect the psvr, the camera and the controller (I think this has been already done), maybe they can make gearVR or DK1/2 demos to work (or even oculus/vive games if the pc is powerful enough). I think the key is that somebody create a "driver" to make it compatible with the 'standard' set of sensors values. I don't see this happening anytime soon anyway but if the platform has a huge success.. who knows
    10-08-2016 07:12 AM
    Who knows is right. Would think Sony would want the PSVR to work with Playstation and other Sony products only, but chances are there'll be a hack or two to make it work elsewhere.

I'm certainly no expert but we shall see
    10-08-2016 01:23 PM
    Thinking about it, could be a hard move for Sony to make an interface between the VR and the Sony's computers.

Giving tha ability to play certain or all the PlayStation games in a computer made by Sony.

It may rises they share in the gaming market.
    Last edited by Chemy JMHT; 10-10-2016 at 12:48 PM.
    10-10-2016 12:25 PM
    Somewhere out there someone is already working on this, I bet. Just like the devs who got the Kinect working for the PC before Microsoft released any official drivers.
    10-11-2016 10:34 AM
    Probably possible somewhere but I'm also not sure I'd care for the amount of work, potential damage and time I could better spend actually using PlayStation VR to do it.

There's already a hackable VR out there, OSVR, with a headset sold by Razer. It's about the same price as the PlayStation VR and the latest version certainly has a mild edge on hardware. Might be a better avenue?
    10-11-2016 01:44 PM
    There's already a hackable VR out there, OSVR, with a headset sold by Razer. It's about the same price as the PlayStation VR and the latest version certainly has a mild edge on hardware. Might be a better avenue?
    Well, the point is having a PSVR and extend its possibilities to give it some extra value. OSVR would not be able to run Playstation games so… not the same thing.
    10-12-2016 04:48 AM
    Thing is to run PlayStation games you need a PlayStation. So somewhere you'd either need an entire virtual PlayStation 4 console to run on the PC or something like that.

Or are you wanting Steam VR to run on PlayStation VR?
    10-12-2016 06:53 AM
    A jailbreak that applies to both the camera and the headset would be very interesting, but it'd require a lot of custom software and would likely never again be able to play PlayStation VR titles. It could probably play nice with Steam VR with limited issues, and that could be very interesting.

I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.
    10-12-2016 05:48 PM
    Well guess what, it's kind of working already as a big screen...

take a look at this: PlayStation VR cinema mode works with PC, Xbox One and Wii U • Eurogamer.net
    10-14-2016 11:39 AM
    Well guess what, it's kind of working already as a big screen...

take a look at this: PlayStation VR cinema mode works with PC, Xbox One and Wii U € Eurogamer.net
    Nice find, Chemy. Very interesting.
    10-14-2016 12:57 PM
    I'm hoping some third party make a PC adapter. It is only a matter of time I hope.
    10-19-2016 09:52 AM
    Official OEM support is unlikely, I think. The modders will find a way to make it work eventually, but how well will it be implemented is the question.
    10-19-2016 11:21 AM
    I think the key here is how popular the platform will become. Technically is not too complex but somebody has to do it. If PSVR get a massive user base it will be a question of time something emerge (even if it begins the classical jailbreak-patch race).
    10-19-2016 11:40 AM
    Well contrary at most of our thinking, take a look at this thread I made:

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...amvr-now-9525/
    12-26-2016 01:32 PM