Hi. I am new to this forum. I recently purchased a new Playstation VR and tried connecting it to my older Panasonic plasma TV that is 720p. I get sound but just a black screen. I went into the settings on the PS4 and changed the video output to 720p and 1080i and neither of them worked. The PS4 works fine by itself but it does not when I connect the new VR.

I connected the VR to a 1080p TV and it works fine so I know the hardware is working. I don't want to have to buy a new TV. Is there some kind of solution to make the VR work on my 720p TV? Thank you for any help.
    12-29-2017 03:24 PM
    Heya!
    So, you don't actually need to plug the PSVR into a TV at all to get it to work. Plugging it into the TV only allows it so your loved ones can watch what you are playing while you play!

If you are not seeing anything on your device try holding in the Options button to center your view to straight ahead.

If that doesn't work I'd recommend calling the store you bought your PSVR from to check the warranty!

Let me know if any of this helps!
    01-02-2018 06:16 AM
    I'd recommend checking this start up guide to get you started to make sure all your parts are correct. https://www.vrheads.com/how-set-playstation-vr

you shouldn't need to change any settings on your PS4 to get the PSVR to work as it automatically adjusts the resolution for the PSVR.

Your TV really doesn't effect your PSVR at all so i'm unsure where the problem lies.
    01-02-2018 12:37 PM
    Essa - thanks for your advice. My kids mainly play on the VR and they like some of the multi-player games.....which requires the other players to see the TV. It is good to know they don't need the TV on for single-player games.

James - thanks for your input. I had connected everything to a 1080p TV and everything worked perfectly, which confirms all the hardware is working. My PS4 works perfectly with my 720p TV but as soon as I connect the VR to the setup, I don't get any video.
    01-03-2018 05:17 PM
    My PS4 works perfectly with my 720p TV but as soon as I connect the VR to the setup, I don't get any video.
    Thats really strange. I'll have a talk with my gang. I don't have a 720p tv to replicate the issue so i'll go on our slack channel to see if i can find out more.
    01-04-2018 11:59 AM
    My PS4 works perfectly with my 720p TV but as soon as I connect the VR to the setup, I don't get any video.
    Couple of quick things you can check:

- Swap your HDMI cables, just to make sure there's nothing interfering there
    - Make sure the Sync box is powered (display in the headset is working)
    - Make sure the PS4 isn't trying to switch to some other resolution automatically
    - Try a different HDMI port on your TV (Some HDMI/DVI ports don't play nice)
    - Disable/Enable DRM check on the PS4
    01-04-2018 02:13 PM
    Thanks James and Russell. I had a chat with Sony support and they basically said the their VR only works with 1080p or higher TV.......but the manufacturers usually know less than anyone else.

I have tried different HDMI cables, the sync box is working, I have tried setting the video output on the PS4 to Auto, 720p, 1080i and 1080p but none work. I have only one HDMI port on my TV so can't try a different one. Since everything else I connect to it, I don't think that is the problem. I have not tried the DRM setting so I will try that.
    01-04-2018 02:28 PM