We love seeing companies improve their products. The Kodak Pixpro SP360 was one of the first cameras to properly support 360 degree horizontal video, but only in a vertical half dome. The next camera fixed that, but only if you bought two cameras and bolted them together, but now we arrive at the Orbit 360 4K. Properly including two twenty megapickle image sensors, each with an ultra wide angle lens, capable of producing fully spherical 4K videos.

The standard set of tricks is of course included. NFC pairing, with Bluetooth and wifi radios to pair with android and iOS devices. Micro SD card support for up to 128GB cards, and the Orbit will have a mic input and HDMI output, adding quite a bit of flexiblilty to the built in hardware and phone based app control. Kodak will also be selling an optional Bluetooth controller which can be mounted to Steadicam mounts or selfie sticks.

Source: Kodak Orbit360 4K VR Action Camera: CES 2017 Hands-On (Video) - Pocketnow
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-11-2017 11:28 PM
    It's been a while but..."It's a Kodak moment." Honestly thought they went "off the map" a wile back...

Any who, glad to see there are still some Kodak cameras being made as I remember when growing up it was one of the big go to camera. 35mm anyone?

Looking at the video that showed the Orbit360 shows how I enjoy technology. Pretty impressive to see what companies an conjure up. The Orbit360 looks like it will be an interesting 360 camera offering.
    01-12-2017 10:47 PM
    It's been a while but..."It's a Kodak moment." Honestly thought they went "off the map" a wile back...

Any who, glad to see there are still some Kodak cameras being made as I remember when growing up it was one of the big go to camera. 35mm anyone?

Looking at the video that showed the Orbit360 shows how I enjoy technology. Pretty impressive to see what companies an conjure up. The Orbit360 looks like it will be an interesting 360 camera offering.
    Sadly it's a company paying for the Kodak branding or something like that, I mean the real manufacturer is another but as the new Nokia phones, it's not really a Kodak made camera.

What I hope is Kodak is doing some supervision of the quality and that kind of stuff for those companies using their brand.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    01-15-2017 07:09 PM