All of these are ones that were announced a while ago, but I'm interested in their development.

The Sulon was the first headset I ever tried, and I love the idea of a headset that can switch between AR and VR on the fly. Even though it was about 2 years ago that I tried it, the experience that they put together was compelling. I was in a room and got to experience both VR and an AR, and it switched ebwteen them seamlessly.
    Site: Sulon Cortex

Same with the VRVANA Totem. It has stereo passthrough cameras and should, in theory, be able to do both AR and VR. I think that both of these companies are probably hung up on finding meaningful ways for people to interact with their environments. The Vive controllers and the Oculus touch controllers put them at a big advantage over companies who have only been working on headsets. The VRVANA team hasn't posted anything on their blog since May, but I'm hoping to hear from them soon. =)
    Site: VRVANA Totem

The StarVR team also hasn't posted anything since May - weird. Anyway, the StarVR promises a HUGE field of vision - 210 horizontally, 130 vertical. They have apparently teamed up with IMAX, so maybe their silence is because they are working on headsets for theaters or something. It would be neat to have a super-premium headset experience that you had to go out for, like the Void.
    Site: StarVR

Anyone else have some different headsets they are looking forward to?
    Ganesh Vu likes this.
    08-19-2016 02:55 PM
    Didn't know these existed.
    08-19-2016 05:01 PM
    I actually only knew about the StarVR because I receive Acer's news, but the others I need to research a lot more
    08-19-2016 11:47 PM
    Yes the inbuilt cpu and gpu powers no cords no wires Sulon Q is next gen ARVR or some say merged or mixed reality hmd by AMD tech

and later Intel enters to competition world they say merged reality Project Alloy

ofcourse project alloy too works on inbuilt cpu and gpu no wires and simpy these two headsets breakdown oculus and vive
    10-16-2016 11:29 PM