I came across this article on director Jon Favreau's use of VR for things such as set design, choreography and the like: Favreau Talks "Lion King" Status, VR Assistance - Dark Horizons

Do you see filmmakers use the technology more? Not just action movie tentpoles, but I can see epic dramas having that VR feel. Think of some of the movies that would lend well to VR: Lawrence of Arabia, The Ten Commandments, Dances With Wolves, etc.
    12-01-2016 11:40 AM
    Asian period dramas would work well for VR. Epic battles between armies. That first scene from Gladiator where they torch that forest.... that would be crazy in VR.
    jsarino likes this.
    12-01-2016 01:33 PM
    Assassin's Creed Movie will have a VR companion.

Will be available for free starting Dec. 1 through the Oculus Video app, for both Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR, and as a 360-degree video on Facebook.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    jsarino likes this.
    12-02-2016 06:48 AM
    They did something similar to that (on Daydream) with Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    12-02-2016 11:57 AM

Will be available for free starting Dec. 1 through the Oculus Video app, for both Oculus Rift and Samsung Gear VR, and as a 360-degree video on Facebook.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    Mate your link has some error, like the lack of the : and some extra http :P

But great to know, I knew some companies won't miss their chance to sell this stuff!!!
    12-02-2016 09:02 PM
    If I am not mistaken, I have read in an interview of Ridley Scott talking about the huge potential of VR for movies.
    It must be utilized for films, and the immersion will be fantastic. This is the future.
    01-01-2017 11:43 PM