Hey everyone! So I wanted to give my 2c feedback on the new App Update. I must be honest, I didn't pay much attention to how the design looked before the update but it looks great at the moment (please don't wreck it now) ๐Ÿ˜ƒ lol

Firstly, the quick reply. I really like that it's always at the bottom of my screen and not at the bottom of the page (like CB & AC). Makes it really easy to compose a reply while reading the OP post or just replying in general.

Secondly, what is the little 'bell' icon on the right hand side of the 'function bar' while typing a message? If you click it, it turns yellow. I presume it's some sort of notification system?

Third, I really like the menu bar at the top on the home page. Allowing me to easily switch between trending, Participated and unread. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ really cool stuff. Also, having the ability to check my inbox on the top right is also a lovely addition. (Can't do that on others). So keep up the great work!

There are various other small things that I do enjoy but not worthwhile mentioning all of them. Thanks for taking the time to read, hope you all have a great week ahead.
    06-22-2017 05:51 AM
    Thanks for those thoughts!

The alarm bell is for notifications, which isn't something we are using yet but our sister sites are and we share a code base. Basically, if something super huge and awesome happens in the VR world and you have that notification system enabled, you'll get a ping from us when the article goes live.

ACTUALLY, since we're talking about this, sound of if there are things you'd actually want to be notified about. Maybe we'll start using it a little earlier than planned if there's a desire to see it used!
    Matty likes this.
    06-22-2017 07:06 AM
    I like the idea of getting notified if their is a live blog starting on VR heads or a reminder that an event has begun it's live stream. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Obviously only if I have selected the bell icon.

I'm sure everyone would like to get notified about giveaways haha. Those are always exciting. I'll definitely have a think about what would be nice to be notified about and if anything else comes to mind I'll post my thoughts below.
    Russell Holly likes this.
    06-22-2017 08:34 AM