I have been streaming on Beam mostly lately and just saw the gaming social site Player.me announcement that they are launching a desktop app. The cool thing about the app is that it combines social, streaming, and custom overlays into a tidy looking package.

Check out their announcement video:

I'm hoping to get into the beta, I love XSplit but would be happy to have a nice UI for things like overlays / interactions. You can see more details at the https://app.player.me/ page.
    03-24-2017 10:03 AM
    Looks cool. However, it reminds me of a problem I noticed with the Gear VR's new built-in Facebook streaming ... I doubt this will be able to address it, but you can't do any of this with the Gear VR. All you can do is stream like you just logged onto Facebook and hit "go live" without even setting a status for it. No status, no way to see comments coming in, no way to add an overlay, etc.

If someone could come up with a solution for that, that'd be awesome.
    03-24-2017 10:50 AM
    I know a little about Player.me I was there because of some (gamers) friends when it was in beta face for Web.

I also saw they are opening the Beta for Desktop (and signed up).

I think something good is even when it has a lot of gamers using it, there is not as crawled as twitch or other platforms and also allows to connect some social networks to it.
    03-26-2017 05:32 PM