Watching Elon Musk unveil his new solar roof tiles. It's very clear to me, the key to make a tech product successful and mainstream is to design it to look as least techy/nerdy/weird as possible.

This is where VR is heading. You can;t sell products that look too techy or too nerdy like Vive. We'll... At least when it comes to MOBILE VR Headsets. I think this will be the key differentiation between HMD and mobile VR. HMD will be game oriented (and will look Tron-y & Vive-y). Mobile will have wider use and intended for lay people. The mobile VR certainly must go the Daydream View way. = It should be designed as a wearable. So as not to look to techy/nerdy. Gear VR looks to techy. I believe Apple will have an approach like Daydream View. More wearable less techy.
    10-31-2016 11:03 AM
    Who's to say what good design looks like? I happen to like the looks of the HTC Vive, MUCH more so than most other headsets with 2 exceptions, the MS Hololens and the PSVR, now THOSE are elegant designs!
    LezCronut likes this.
    10-31-2016 12:33 PM
    Who's to say what good design looks like? I happen to like the looks of the HTC Vive, MUCH more so than most other headsets with 2 exceptions, the MS Hololens and the PSVR, now THOSE are elegant designs!
    Design does make the device apealing to most, but for me, I just want it function correctly and seamlessly. Its on my head anyways, I cant see it when im using it.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-01-2016 07:25 AM
    Like with all technology, form follows function. Products like the cellphone start as a two-pound brick and after several years you get the iPhone. Laptops were monsters but now they are thin and stylish. VR headsets are just following the natural evolution of new tech.
    11-02-2016 07:21 PM
    I wouldn't mind popping the Daydream View on during a long flight. It looks comfy and reminds me a bit of a sleep mask. The Gear VR -- not so much.
    11-02-2016 08:21 PM
    Spot on with the 4/4S as I looked at my sisters iPhone 5 but still happy with my 4. The bumper that came with it is also in very good condition after 2 years and the package still looks great - AND no octa cores required. Am not so sure about the bike, will stick with my Yamaha R1.
    11-04-2016 07:08 AM