I think it may but in another form maybe laserquest esque.
    Loved the comment saying we have room scale now we want warehouse scale!

Personally I hope some form of arcade VR makes a comeback even if it's limited to a cockpit scenario.
    E3: Could VR bring back the games arcade? - BBC News
    08-09-2016 11:41 AM
    Absolutely! VR can be expensive HOWEVER for a place to purchase the equipment and then we all share in the cost simply by paying a much smaller cost to access the games. Pay per use, or a fee to get in, etc. Sounds like a grand idea! It's already sorta happening with a place here called Dave and Busters. They have had limited VR since FOREVER. I would imagine they will add much more as popularity warrants! Plus I;'m sure other places will spring up too!
    VirtuaTyKing likes this.
    08-09-2016 02:58 PM
    I'm expecting to see PC baang (Korean PC rooms) style setups in the US down the road.
    VirtuaTyKing and pkcable like this.
    08-09-2016 03:34 PM
    I'm expecting to see PC baang (Korean PC rooms) style setups in the US down the road.
    The internet cafe of the future! The VR cafe, except it won't be called that, more like an arcade, or bar. Here in the US I'm SURE it will be built around serving food or drinks!
    krisguy likes this.
    08-09-2016 04:51 PM
    It would have to be to make money.
    08-09-2016 04:53 PM
    I just do not see this being a thing. The price of VR will come down soon enough that the price will no longer be such a factor. And I just cant wrap my head around going to an actual place to go to a virtual place. I mean the whole beauty of this product to me is that it lets you be someplace else no matter where you are..
    08-09-2016 06:45 PM
    I just do not see this being a thing. The price of VR will come down soon enough that the price will no longer be such a factor. And I just cant wrap my head around going to an actual place to go to a virtual place. I mean the whole beauty of this product to me is that it lets you be someplace else no matter where you are..
    There are still better VR expierences out there such as VR pods and other major simulated activities that VR can enhance. If you've ever been to a Dave and Busters you would know what I mean. They have a golf game for example where you golf in to a screen I could see that being enhanced with VR headsets. And they have pod type VR games such as mech battles games and such, as well as standard VR headset games.
    08-10-2016 01:29 AM
    Warehouse scaling opens up more possibility's though. Tech is a way off for this yet of course as wireless headsets would be needed.
    krisguy and pkcable like this.
    08-10-2016 05:22 AM
    That's actually something I was thinking about, the arcades of the future, and the VR cafe as pkcable said, but also a lot of thing we haven't imagine so far. The main thing is not just the price of the VR set, but also the PC or having a good space at home to play, maybe you have a really good computer and Oculus Rift, but your house if filled with obstacles and that makes difficult to handle your own VR.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-10-2016 08:52 PM
    Yeah for sure. I have the pc but not the cash or space for a full vr experience. I would settle for seated play for now though.
    pkcable likes this.
    08-11-2016 10:14 AM
    Places like The Void are already popping up. Even with VR at home a lot of people still want to go out and experience things with friends. Most people have a television at home, and that didn't kill the movie industry. It just made it focus on delivering experiences you simply couldn't get at home. The same is true for concerts - I can buy an album I like for $10, but seeing the band play live is an experience. =)

VR facilities will need to provide things that people can't get at home. Larger venues, better technology, cooperative experiences, specialized hardware. I think we'll start seeing more facilities soon.
    Penguwin likes this.
    08-29-2016 10:59 AM
    I don't think it's feasible. With options like the Daydream, Gear VR, etc., the cost of playing at home will only get cheaper. It's a nice idea, but the convenience of home is hard to beat.
    10-26-2016 07:53 AM
    I don't see it happening because back then you couldn't l easily do it at home... Now you can
    10-26-2016 09:03 AM
    I don't see it happening because back then you couldn't l easily do it at home... Now you can
    I still see a place for the VR theme park or VR acrade. Expensive equipment (which gets offset by pay for play) and space issues can get solved by these parks/arcades. We are already seeing many theme parks embrace VR, Disney and Six Flags for example. And should I mention Dave and Busters again? lol
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-26-2016 10:57 AM
    I still see a place for the VR theme park or VR acrade. Expensive equipment (which gets offset by pay for play) and space issues can get solved by these parks/arcades. We are already seeing many theme parks embrace VR, Disney and Six Flags for example. And should I mention Dave and Busters again? lol
    Agreed with PK here, for large / expensive setups I can see an attraction there. For arcade style gameplay tho, I can see that being added on to one of these massive attractions as a supplemental thing. However, just the arcade by itself might be a hard sell since playing at home has become significantly easier/cheaper.
    10-26-2016 11:47 AM
    I love gaming on my VR goggles I got a cheap one and it works just as great! Your phone is the real beast...
    11-04-2016 08:16 AM