Folks,

Just wanted to start a thread for sports fans to chat in. I'm a huge hockey fan myself. Go Flyers! I also support other hockey teams, like the Sharks and Canadians. I'm sorta warming up to the Oilers too with all their young talent! Any other hockey fans in the house?

How about baseball? While I'm a BIG Phillies fan, and yes it's been a rough last few years, I'm also a closet Cubs fan, so it was kinda fun following their historic run to the World Series win this year! 2008 felt better of course! And I'm also old enough to remember 1980 VERY fondly! So any baseball fans in the house?

I KNOW we have some football fans! How 'bout them Cowboys! WHEW how are they doing it? I guess your young QB is better than ours eh? (Carson Wentz) That being said the NFC East is going to be SO much fun for the next few years with those two, plus Eli Manning lead Giants, and even Washington. Did the NFC East go from worst to first on 1 season or WHAT! So any football fans in the house? Or should I say NFL fans for you Euro types?

Speaking of Euro types what about YOUR football, or as we call it soccer? Any footy fans in the house? Or what about the NBA? Any Hoopheads? College hoops, March Madness?

Lets talk sports!
    11-09-2016 01:42 PM
    Canadian here so hockey is loved by default. Oilers were my team until the Jets came back a few years ago. I gave up on NFL and CFL, don't watch NBA, but I do catch some MLB here and there if I want to relax. I save curling for times when I'd like to have a good, long nap.
    pkcable likes this.
    11-09-2016 08:34 PM
    I'm from the St. Louis area, so besides the Cardinals, my town is pretty much into the Blues this time of the year. I'm still steamed about the whole Rams departure to LA, so outside of college, the closest pro team for me to root for is the Chiefs. I also enjoy soccer, so there's movement about getting an MLS team in the area. We have a USL team in the area (St. Louis FC: Saint Louis Football Club), and they get pretty good turnouts at their games.

I like auto racing, mainly steered towards Formula 1 or IndyCar. I enjoy driving anything fast myself.
    11-18-2016 09:57 AM
    Canadian here so hockey is loved by default. Oilers were my team until the Jets came back a few years ago. I gave up on NFL and CFL, don't watch NBA, but I do catch some MLB here and there if I want to relax. I save curling for times when I'd like to have a good, long nap.
    I too, coming from Canada, hockey is my favorite sports. The Habs are my team. I play pickup hockey and ball hockey as a goalie.

I also keep an eye on MLB. Prefer to watch it live. Me and some friends went to visit a few stadiums back in the day. Fenway Park is my favorite ball park followed closely by Wrigley Field.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-19-2016 09:30 AM
    I too, coming from Canada, hockey is my favorite sports. The Habs are my team. I play pickup hockey and ball hockey as a goalie.

I also keep an eye on MLB. Prefer to watch it live. Me and some friends went to visit a few stadiums back in the day. Fenway Park is my favorite ball park followed closely by Wrigley Field.

I'm patiently awaiting the river behind my place to freeze over so I can go for a skate.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-21-2016 08:19 PM
    I'm patiently awaiting the river behind my place to freeze over so I can go for a skate.
    Around here you have to rent ice from rinks and its very expensive. Mostly they want to use it for leagues, free skates, or team practices. We used to have to rent ice during the wee hours to get reasonable rates. 2am game anyone? Not gonna do that at 50 though.
    11-23-2016 02:41 PM
    Anyone else want a Vegas Golden Knights tee shirt or jersey? Gotta love an underdog!
    11-28-2016 09:38 AM
    Around here you have to rent ice from rinks and its very expensive. Mostly they want to use it for leagues, free skates, or team practices. We used to have to rent ice during the wee hours to get reasonable rates. 2am game anyone? Not gonna do that at 50 though.
    Ah that's too bad. That wouldn't go over too well up here in Canada. Lots of outdoor rinks with free ice anytime you want. Best to go when the lights are on, though
    11-28-2016 08:37 PM
    Anyone else want a Vegas Golden Knights tee shirt or jersey? Gotta love an underdog!
    I'm never too excited about expansion teams. Takes a few years to warm on me.
    11-28-2016 08:38 PM
    Well not that kind of sports fan, I mean, not a huge fan at least, but my teams (more internationally than it should be but..) in Venezuela the Baseball is pretty much the sport everybody loves, so my Local team is Navegantes del Magallanes (Magallanes's Sailors).

Soccer (Futbol) from Spain El Bara or Barcelona.

Hockey, honestly here are some places where the whole year has frozen temperatures, but I don't know a single place where you can play it.

I don't follow any particular team on action or extreme sports, but that's what I like the most

which sport do you think will be better to watch in a HMD and why?
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-29-2016 12:15 AM
    If I get one, I just want the logo on it. The helmet reminds me of being a gladiator more than a knight.

11-29-2016 07:35 AM
    Hmm...not sure. Would have to see how they plan on using VR in Live sports. If I am not mistaken, the NFL will be looking at it in the future. If so, I will be "game" to watch a game in VR :P

Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-29-2016 07:38 AM
    Hmm...not sure. Would have to see how they plan on using VR in Live sports. If I am not mistaken, the NFL will be looking at it in the future. If so, I will be "game" to watch a game in VR :P

I understand the Big 10 does some games in VR. Also I was able to check out some NHL highlight stuff on JauntVR on my Daydream. It's like you're sitting there on the sidelines and YOU can look where ever you want!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-29-2016 09:57 AM
    The NFL could be cool, and same if it were hockey (NHL). But, my first thought would be Formula One. Since cameras are mounted on the driver's helmets and on the cars themselves, it can lend to some cool perspectives.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-30-2016 10:07 AM
    The NFL could be cool, and same if it were hockey (NHL). But, my first thought would be Formula One. Since cameras are mounted on the driver's helmets and on the cars themselves, it can lend to some cool perspectives.
    You have a good point on that, I'm thinking about anything with helmets, maybe at first won't be the best quality but in one year or two we may have access to all the players in any game
    11-30-2016 11:16 AM
    Really any sport lends itself to VR, you just have to take the time to get the 360 cameras in place, and they will only do that for the most popular, seems to be our football (NFL and college) and your football (which we call soccer), which are doing it right now. Other sports mostly just do highlights or big events in VR.
    jsarino likes this.
    11-30-2016 11:45 AM
    ^^^360 cameras mounted on drones would certainly help enhance that.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-01-2016 12:05 PM
    Just to get everyone excited here is an inspirational video!

FTR I was 8 years old when that happened!
    12-06-2016 08:59 PM
    So the Flyers have won 9 games in a row, there's that! Pretty happy hockey fan these days! All the Metro teams are doing pretty good, been exciting watching games! Caught a few Pens and Rags games too! I'm just hoping NextVR or someone will do the upcoming outdoor games including the Flyers/Pens Stadium Series game in VR!

Can't WAIT till tomorrow to watch the weekly NBA VR game. I got a free trail JUST for that! And I don't even like basketball! lol
    12-12-2016 02:07 PM
    So the Flyers have won 9 games in a row, there's that! Pretty happy hockey fan these days! All the Metro teams are doing pretty good, been exciting watching games! Caught a few Pens and Rags games too! I'm just hoping NextVR or someone will do the upcoming outdoor games including the Flyers/Pens Stadium Series game in VR!

Can't WAIT till tomorrow to watch the weekly NBA VR game. I got a free trail JUST for that! And I don't even like basketball! lol
    Nice! Please let us know how it all went.

12-12-2016 04:58 PM
    How was the experience?
    12-16-2016 10:13 AM

They won 10 in a row now, right? The Jets can't even string together three...
    12-16-2016 11:24 AM
    Nice! Please let us know how it all went.

How was the experience?
    Aborted! NextVR is not quite ready for live games on the Daydream, BUT they are working on it! For now we get to watch AFTER the fact either, highlights, a condensed game, OR even the full game, BUT it's AFTER the game. Live is coming they tell me. The NBA kindly gave me a refund of the 6.99 I paid for the game, GOT to respect that!

They won 10 in a row now, right? The Jets can't even string together three...
    Yea 10 in a row! I'm just giddy right now! The Flyers are firing on all cylinders. Goal looks good, forwards look GREAT and the "suspect" defense looks pretty damn solid with the emergence of these young guys, like Gosthere, Provalov, and Manning!
    jsarino likes this.
    12-16-2016 11:58 AM
    ^^^360 cameras mounted on drones would certainly help enhance that.
    Actually the FPV drones are more or less that, there is also some races with FPV but also 360 cameras for the audience.
    12-17-2016 10:10 PM
    I just posted this:

http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...-reality-9457/

OK, but even we there are the pros of why Basketball is great for VR in many ways (read the source inside that thread) I think eventually everything should be on VR, I think we will enjoy watching a chess match on VR too :P
    pkcable likes this.
    12-17-2016 10:18 PM
30 12