Hi everyone!

As a flight simmer, I would really love to see how many other simmers are into VR too.
    I've never really had the opportunity to try VR with FSX myself, but I am excited to try it some day

Please let me know if you are too flight simmers who think that VR is the most amazing thing to be happening to us in decades!!

Cheers!
    pjs37 likes this.
    01-01-2017 10:49 PM
    I am a huge fan of FSX and now have moved onto XP, I am looking forward to them adding support for VR in XP 11. DCS does support it out of the box and the experience is one that you need to try to really understand the impact it will have on the simmer's community. The first time I looked around the cockpit with the full 3D experience and stereo effects it was amazing.
    GustavMahler likes this.
    01-01-2017 10:52 PM
    Awesome!
    I am just thinking about moving onto XP, but since FSX looks just beautiful with all the addons I have, I may as well stay with it.
    But I guess that in the end, I will just choose the sim with the best VR support..!
    01-02-2017 12:40 AM
    Yeah I am a big proponent for moving forward in the FS space. Also all the BSOD and memory issues with FSX I got fed up with the fact the community is stuck on this now like 10 year old game. I looked into P3D but I have a lot of opinions on the whole legal aspect of it and my personal belief as what will happen there that I did not want to invest into it only to see it closed off in the end. Dovetail looks like they are doing something neat with the FSX engine but its a lot of waiting and seeing from them. And XP I chose because once you do a night flight its hard to go back. But its not without its shortcomings.
    01-02-2017 08:10 PM
    I guess I will have to check XP out. The only thing that makes me scared is that I'll have to get used to many different things and addons, and after years using FSX and getting used to it, it could really be frustrating to start over again.
    01-03-2017 01:53 AM
    XP is cool, but so is FSX with the 3rd party VR add-on. I'm waiting for tax time to get it. There is also a Russian warplane sim on Steam, just can't remember the name right now.
    01-03-2017 10:07 AM
    From your experience, which flight sim gives the best feeling of presence, and the best sense of depth in VR? Is it XP or FSX with flyinside?
    01-03-2017 03:38 PM
    I don't think XP supports VR natively yet though it's coming. I think both systems people just use FlyInside. I know the feeling with FSX, it is a sentiment I hear a lot on the AVSIM forums but let's be honest. It is a not exactly the optimal sim platform anymore, its success as a platform has more to do with the fact that MS hasn't touched it in a decade so it can only be supported through add-ons than it does with its technical prowess. It used to be we would get a new MSFS like every two years and you would go back to getting all news mods and add-ons when that happened. So you never really had a need nor ability to acumulate such a large collection.

As you already have FSX (as do most people) there is no downside to still using it. Heck do like me and have both FSX and X-Plane installed. But X-Plane is definitely worth checking out. Once you do a night time flight its hard to go back to FSX. Don't forget there is a free demo for X-Plane so you may as well try it anyways even if its just for the demo. Personally I like how the planes look like they are flying so much more realistically then FSX.

Then there is P3D but I don't speak about P3D.
    GustavMahler likes this.
    01-10-2017 09:45 PM
    Have you ever tried P3D though? From what I understand it is based on many things from FSX (I understand they had a deal with microsoft, or am I mistaken?
    Anyway, It's interesting that you say that the planes fly more realisticly on X-Plane- Isn't that actually more of a function of the addon aircraft used (for example PMDG flies very realistically) rather than the flight sim itself?
    01-12-2017 10:41 PM
    Nope. It is FSX as you say and I understand the negatives and positives about the approach but I do not fall under one of the acceptable EULA categories as a customer.

As for the aircraft physics doesn't matter who makes the add-on the way an aircraft behaves is dependent on how the engine deals with physics. So in FSX it uses essentially a performance table which dictates the behavior of the aircraft in the game. This apporach works very well but then the way X-Plane does it is that it uses the design of the airfoils to kinda of decide how the phsycis will react and the aircraft behaves appropiately so a square plane with no wings technically shoudln't fly? In FSX you can jsut attach the 737 flight table to it and it will fly. I like it in X-Plane because on approaches I feel like the aircraft behaves more realistically (Of course YMMV). However both approaches are very good and I know both have their shortcomings. You should google as its ratehr interesting how X-Plane does it.
    01-13-2017 10:53 AM
    Hi everyone!

As a flight simmer, I would really love to see how many other simmers are into VR too.
    I've never really had the opportunity to try VR with FSX myself, but I am excited to try it some day

Please let me know if you are too flight simmers who think that VR is the most amazing thing to be happening to us in decades!!

Cheers!
    I haven't played Flight Simulator since like XP as someone said, but I will recommend you https://warthunder.com/en/

In that game you can flight old fashion airplanes and the details are awesome, I think the game is free btw.
    01-15-2017 09:13 PM