When I first got my Touch I set up the sensors so that they are on either side of my desk, basically facing straight out. In the Oculus setup for Touch it tells you that your sensors shouldn't move, and that's where my problem lies.... I have a big white fluffy cat who likes to rub against EVERYTHING on my desk.

Tonight I am going to try to move the sensors off my desk and onto smaller stands on either side in the hopes that Linkoln doesn't jump up on them. I do have a question, though... Does anyone know if they need to be at the same level to work properly?

I have a shelf to the left of my desk already, and my computer sits to the right. I wonder if this would still work or if it is best to have both sensors at the same height.
    12-16-2016 01:59 PM
    It should be ok to mount at different heights as the system will calibrate it. It just needs to have a clear view of the majority of the infrared lights on the headset and each other. If it helps they have a tripod screw hole so you could mount them on a camera light stand or ancor to a wall if necessary. The harder bit is making the USB cable reach your PC.
    12-20-2016 01:56 PM
    Dang cats. I have the same problem. Best of luck. As pjs said, as long as you calibrate them they should be fine even at different heights.
    12-20-2016 09:57 PM
    I have 3 sensors at all different heights and it works great. I have front left at about 7' from the floor, front right at 5' from the floor and my rear center is actually mounted on an 8' ceiling, the tracking is great.
    03-09-2017 12:43 PM