does anyone have the scene shift in their oculuc rift games like fist contact or toy box or super hot? mine shifts from the right to left then back jumps I guess would be a way to describe it not all the time but it happened a few times in each game last night I have the 2 sensors on the ceiling facing me 6 feet apart.
    12-08-2016 01:58 PM
    12-08-2016 03:28 PM
    no for example in the first contact the desk is in front of me one minute the next it is way over to my left same in toy box, then in super hot the pole in about the third scene moved over as well i think its the entire scenes but these items I was looking at at the time then they jump back to the original position, I heard from support they are having me send them all the logs etc. maybe I just need to play with the tracker placments
    pkcable likes this.
    12-08-2016 03:59 PM
    Sounds good, please let us know how you made out!
    12-08-2016 04:19 PM
    ok I played with the sensors a lot last night changing their heights taking them from the ceiling mount I had to 3 feet off the floor to 41 inches off the floor, different distance apart etc. I got the scene shift to be better but it will still do it, this is in evey app I have tired so far the new avatar editor the mirror moves from in front of where im standing to the left of where im standing then back again it jumps is the best way I can explain it. also in super hot, toy box and first contact. right now the sensors are 3 feet apart and 41 inches off ground and that works pretty well but still have the issue. I wrote realitycheckvr's (youtuber) Caleb Criste he suggested that when you run the sensor setup I need to not hold the controller out in front but off to one side so im going to try that this weekend. still I love touch and the rift but I would like to get this sorted out for sure. just for reference I have the Asus g11cd-b11 sold by Best Buy the bundle that has the Oculus logo on the machine as certified.
    Last edited by a247slacker; 12-09-2016 at 06:55 AM.
    12-09-2016 06:34 AM
    Reflective surfaces in room maybe?
    12-09-2016 06:54 AM
    humm maybe it is Paneling and does have a shine to it its on the ceiling and walls https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjjTJyAgacTrg7RH_sadoqKGiRETbQ
    12-09-2016 07:17 AM
    humm maybe it is Paneling and does have a shine to it its on the ceiling and walls https://1drv.ms/i/s!AjjTJyAgacTrg7RH_sadoqKGiRETbQ
    No I don't think that would do it. Mirrors, shiny metallic surfaces and possibly glass could. Judging by my experience with Vive at least.
    12-09-2016 12:45 PM
    No I don't think that would do it. Mirrors, shiny metallic surfaces and possibly glass could. Judging by my experience with Vive at least.
    Hm... Oculus uses a different tracking technology than Vive (IR camera vs. lighthouse tracking). From what I've heard, reflective surfaces are a problem that is unique to HTC Vive (although I could be wrong). Nothing is blocking/covering your headset right? I've seen some people do things like stick googly eyes on their Oculus Rift. The IR lights can get covered by things like this and you can loose tracking. Check for finger prints on the tracking camera maybe? Hope it isn't a hardware problem
    12-10-2016 12:18 AM
    The best I know is both use IR. It's just the Rift headset sends out IR to the camera's and the Vive lighthouses send IR to the headset.
    It seems reflective surfaces can mess with tracking on the Rift. https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comm...cking_swaying/
    pkcable likes this.
    12-10-2016 02:56 AM
    well now have a third sensor and still can not get perfect tracking on my Rift setup so today I bought the vive, if I have no issue with it in my same play space the Rift is going on Ebay and the extra sensor and the Oculus Touch are going back to best buy or ebay! I have this issue in every game the PC is the Asus from best buy that comes with the rift in the bundle has the rift oculus sticker on it and all, I have updated the USB drivers etc. contacted oculus once not must help im giving up. im not sure if it is the fact that its in the basement panel walls but they are light color panel, darker carpet. I have moved the sensors all over tried different spacing etc etc etc. bummer I have spent at least 150$ in games on the rift ugh.
    Last edited by a247slacker; 01-10-2017 at 02:35 PM.
    01-10-2017 12:39 PM
    nothing added to my Rift for sure it is as it comes from the box, checked for finger prints none clean and clear. thanks for the idea though. I see someone on you tube saying that they think it is related to the USB ports so one suggestion of the people that replied to the youtube video that is also having the issue says to try a USB 3.0 hub and plug in all your sensors to the powered USB 3.0 hub going to try that tonight ill report back.
    01-10-2017 02:36 PM
    im all set on this I worked with oculus support and was not able to solve why I get all the shifting of the scenes in games, the PC is the ASUS bundle from best buy that comes with the Oculus rift logo right on the computer, I bought the Vive at lunch yesterday and hooked it up to the same PC and I have to say even taking out the issue I was having games look better to me in the Vive even the oculuc rift games I got the revive working perfect and can play the First Contact with no shifting the tracking works perfect, I think my issue was with the USB ports maybe but again the PC was made to work with ouclus so why there is an issue im not sure. but I have to say the Vive works great and with my glasses off because they do not fit in either head set the games are clearer in the rift hands down, even my 9 year old noticed how much better the same exact games look and he commended on it with out me even saying anything! I already returned the Oculus touch to best buy of course the head set is on ebay cuz it was past the return date and I also posted the 3rd sensor on ebay.
    01-11-2017 12:55 PM
    Glad you got a setup to work for you. You mentioned Revive so your Rift library won't go to waste. Happy Viving!
    01-11-2017 07:41 PM