Over the weekend I was setting up my Oculus to work with Steam VR and I had an issue with setting up the room scale.

You get to a point where it asks you to walk around the room carrying the headset - IGNORE THIS AND PUT THE HEADSET ON. The buttons on the touch controllers don't register unless the headset is on your head. It doesn't have to be over your eyes, you can have it tipped up so you can see while you walk.
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    03-20-2017 10:22 AM
    You can also put your thumb over the skin sensor in the headset
    EgoAnt likes this.
    03-20-2017 10:36 AM
    A question @EgoAnt are you using just the second camera that comes with the controllers? or you have the 3 cameras setup?

I want to know how it will improve the room scale experience having the third.
    03-20-2017 11:10 AM
    A question @EgoAnt are you using just the second camera that comes with the controllers? or you have the 3 cameras setup?

I want to know how it will improve the room scale experience having the third.
    Just the two for now. My room is actually kind of terrible for room scale because the ceiling is so low and it's pretty cluttered in there. Still, I just managed to get the minimum area set up.
    03-20-2017 11:12 AM
    Over the weekend I was setting up my Oculus to work with Steam VR and I had an issue with setting up the room scale.

You get to a point where it asks you to walk around the room carrying the headset - IGNORE THIS AND PUT THE HEADSET ON. The buttons on the touch controllers don't register unless the headset is on your head. It doesn't have to be over your eyes, you can have it tipped up so you can see while you walk.
    Nice! Thanks for the info.
    03-21-2017 05:32 PM
    Just the two for now. My room is actually kind of terrible for room scale because the ceiling is so low and it's pretty cluttered in there. Still, I just managed to get the minimum area set up.
    Well that's good to know, I need to really do a hard work to open space in the desktop computer's room :P

also low ceiling, but why is that important? I think all the cameras are placed in a desktop level.
    03-23-2017 01:41 PM
    The low ceiling is a pain because some games have things that get you reaching over your head. Robo Recall is the worst for this, because you can throw a robot straight up in the air and then point your guns up and shoot it in the air to juggle it for extra points.

Of course this means that I am often reaching up and smacking my hands on the ceiling.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    03-23-2017 02:36 PM
    The low ceiling is a pain because some games have things that get you reaching over your head. Robo Recall is the worst for this, because you can throw a robot straight up in the air and then point your guns up and shoot it in the air to juggle it for extra points.

Of course this means that I am often reaching up and smacking my hands on the ceiling.
    When we moved I had to specifically look for a place with high ceilings. 6'4 + VR + low ceiling = broken controller.
    03-28-2017 06:29 PM
    And that's why... sad because the room where I have the Rift is like 6'7 (2 meters) and I'm 5'8 (1.77 meters).
    03-28-2017 08:50 PM