Hello everyone! Merry X-Mas! I was wondering what any of your thoughts are regarding the controllers for Oculus and Vive. I like each equally, but I want to hear some other statements that you guys think.
    12-25-2016 12:01 PM
    I actually found the controls on the Vive to be a bit more intuitive to me and my wife. It was very much a pick up and play sort of thing. The Oculus touch is more getting used to but its lighter and I smacked them into eachother far less then the Vive. I can however see the Touch controllers being more the way forward and it looks like HTC is working on a similar solution.
    12-25-2016 01:33 PM
    Hello everyone! Merry X-Mas! I was wondering what any of your thoughts are regarding the controllers for Oculus and Vive. I like each equally, but I want to hear some other statements that you guys think.
    Hi, welcome to the forum, happy holidays to you too.

Well, both offer more or less the same experience, I will recommend you to chose more regarding other things, like, the games/experiences I want are on Steam or Oculus Store, the computer can handle the Oculus but not the ViVE and so on.

Another thing is no matter what can we say to you, always if you can, try it both before buying.
    12-30-2016 01:13 AM
    Hi, welcome to the forum, happy holidays to you too.

Well, both offer more or less the same experience, I will recommend you to chose more regarding other things, like, the games/experiences I want are on Steam or Oculus Store, the computer can handle the Oculus but not the ViVE and so on.

Another thing is no matter what can we say to you, always if you can, try it both before buying.
    Yup I highly recommend trying them. Each person reacts differently.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-30-2016 09:20 PM
    It also widely depends on the kind of games you're going to play-if you prefer shooters etc. where you are holding a gun/sword or what have you,
    you should consider the Vivem which can simulate holding an object the best way.
    On the other hand, if you prefer games where you are only using your hands to press buttons or touch thing, the touch is for you.
    Also bear in mind that people are reporting that the VIve has a more accurate tracking and that the touch feels a little floaty,
    01-05-2017 01:34 PM
    i just thought i would add this;
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/commen...g_designed_at/
    Valve knew from the beggining that their controllers werent going to be for every use.
    The knuckle controllers will be out in time and will be in my opinion much better than the touch.
    02-01-2017 02:07 AM