(sorry for the bad english)
    I have an Oculus Rift CV1 and a compatible computer, but i'm having problems with it.
    When I plug it into the hdmi port in my graphics card the oculus setup recognizes the cable but projects no image on the oculus lens. If I use any adapter connecting it to the graphics card, the same happens (tried DVI and DisplayPort adapters).
    When I connect it directly to the motherboard (directly HDMI or with DVI adapter), it projects images on the lens but the oculus setup does not recognizes the hdmi cable - so I can't continue.
    At the last time I tried updating the nvidia card (it is a GTX 980), during the installation suddenly the oculus worked with everything for about 4 seconds, and then, suddenly everything went back to what it was before.
    I think this is a graphics card problem but I can't confirm it, since I have no other computer to test my oculus, the oculus support does not answer me anymore (since monday) and I cant find anyone who is able to help me in my country.

I've tried everything I know. Does anyone suggest something?
    12-22-2016 11:17 AM
    I'm trying to get someone to help. I have reached out to some friends who have the Oculus Rift.
    12-22-2016 01:01 PM
    I don't have an Oculus but if you get a picture from the card to a monitor through the same hdmi port it's unlikely to be a GPU fault.
    If GPU temps are low at idle and the fans are working under load that is!

Have you tried doing a clean install of GPU driver? Using DDU Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.4.0
    One thing I can recommend is to disconnect the headset when updating the GPU driver. Doing it whilst being plugged in caused me to have a picture in my headset only. A kind of Vise versa issue to yours.
    Last edited by VirtuaTyKing; 12-22-2016 at 03:58 PM.
    pkcable and Chemy JMHT like this.
    12-22-2016 03:28 PM
    As VirtuaTyKing said, it looks like a driver problem, one thing you can do is installing the GeFocerce Experience and check with it is there is a problem with your drivers, it should recognizes your Graphics Cards, sometimes when you are updating the drivers it first uninstall the old one and then proceed with the installation of the new one, but sometimes it doesn't do the second part.

I'm pretty much sure that Graphics Card has a Compatible HDMI 1.3 because I have the GTX 970 and it works perfectly, but you can check that too.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-23-2016 08:14 AM
    BTW welcome to the forum, remember that if you want to win some free stuff there is mainly 3 threads with giveaways right now:

this one you can't simply miss it VRHeads is giving away an Oculus Rift with Oculus Touch! where you are participating just by posting there your first participation and getting more entries by asking, commenting, creating new threads!

Some VR related Giveaways to share

PC hardware related giveaways to share
    pkcable likes this.
    12-23-2016 11:28 AM