I tried out the Oculus touch controller on a demo of a game called "The Unspoken" at Pc World

Wow was it impressive, you basically clenched your fist to form a fireball and threw it with your right hand,
    with your left you clenched your fist to produce a shield. I only got about ten minutes or so but even with that
    short amount of time I forgot I was using a controller. I left with a smile on my face .

I'll have to get a try at a Vive to see how they compare
    12-11-2016 05:26 PM
    I tried the same demo with my wife at BB and I found it actually rather awkward to do the various hand grips because of how you had to keep pushing the buttons in certain ways for it to reflect your hands. As compared to the Vive the Vive doesn't even pretend to be your hands it knows it is a wand so that is what they represent more or less. I actually had an easier time with the Vive controlled because of that difference then the touch controllers. After all the praise on the touch controllers maybe I had too high an expectation. Still I don't think we are far off from some glvoes you wear that reflect your hands in the VR enviroment (hopefully with tension controls or haptic feedback to make it feel like you are gripping things etc)
    12-11-2016 10:58 PM