Hello Oculus fans!

It seems Oculus has been working on a virtual boundary system for a while and it seems it will be included with the Oculus PC SDK 1.8.

It will benefit both VR with gamepad and will also benefit those who purchased the Oculus Touch. As with other VR setups, you would need to calibrate your Oculus then jump right in. An interesting part in the article "[...]one thing we dont expect the company to address is whether or not Valves pending patent for Chaperone (or more specifically, Sensory feedback systems and methods for guiding users in virtual reality environments) might present any issue to Oculus[...]".

Hope this doesn't affect Oculus' plans to release 1.8. Wouldn't be fun to learn they can't because of this. Also interesting is HTC Vive's Chaperone works fine with the Rift so there shouldn't be any worries.
    11-14-2016 08:36 PM
    Guardian wasn't active at Oculus Connect 3, so I'm excited to see how it works. Hopefully it's not limited to Room Scale mode, which requires 3 of the Constellation cameras.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    11-14-2016 08:43 PM
    Well I'm saving my wallet and deciding if I will get a steering wheel or the touch, I'm only hoping they don't release too soon the CV2 with all those new tech in a bundle and cheaper :P

It's nice to have the ability to measure the safe space, I hope we (the CV1 owners) that update too and soon.
    11-14-2016 09:12 PM
    Guardian wasn't active at Oculus Connect 3, so I'm excited to see how it works. Hopefully it's not limited to Room Scale mode, which requires 3 of the Constellation cameras.

Yeah. Be nice to see what it's all about without spending on the third sensor.
    11-15-2016 07:46 PM
    Apparently having a chaperone wasn't enough to keep us safe, now we need a guardian. When these don't work Facebook will introduce VR Military Police and call it "Curfew", LOL.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    11-16-2016 12:05 PM
    Apparently having a chaperone wasn't enough to keep us safe, now we need a guardian. When these don't work Facebook will introduce VR Military Police and call it "Curfew", LOL.
    I could use a VR curfew sometimes...

iThunderbirt likes this.
    11-16-2016 12:27 PM
    OK one of the first things I did while sitting and watching something in VR I hit myself against a wall with my head... I won't post that on Youtube, but if there is a way to do it here I could show you :P

I need a Chaperone a Guardian and a baby sister
    11-16-2016 07:28 PM