I thought I was going to go crazy waiting for these things to finally ship, especially when so many of my friends got theirs almost a week ahead of me.

Setup is SUPER easy, Oculus app detected the second Constellation sensor and immediately moved to pair the controllers. I'm not thrilled that the controllers each rely on a single AA battery that isn't rechargeable, but it works.

Guardian, the system that totally isn't the exact same thing as Chaperone, is a little clumsy. There's not really a cleat way to set that up, I don't think.

The tutorial Oculus sends you through, First Contact, is adorable. Very well done, but I'm concerned the controller is so elaborate you almost have to make someone new go through the First Contact experience before you can play a game. By comparison, the Vive controllers are much simpler.

I jumped into The Unspoken, which I'd played at Oculus Connect 3 earlier in the year, and am still hopelessly addicted to that experience. Battle mages are cool! I've also run through the first few levels of SUPERHOT VR, which directly encourages you to punch the air around you. It's a little intense!

Anyway, if you have any questions about Oculus Touch, fire away!
    GustavMahler likes this.
    12-15-2016 01:07 PM
    I just got mine yesterday, too! I tried Bullet Train, which was awesome, and played for about 10 minutes in Medium. I also created my Oculus avatar - wish there was a way to see my avatar on the Oculus site.
    12-15-2016 01:13 PM
    Hey I just got jealous of you yet! lol hahahaha

It's nice to see the Touch(es?) work well, I think I will order a pair but due how the things are here right now maybe in January.

I need to make a pretty tight wishlist for the things I need, like the controllers, the carrying case for both systems, a steering wheel... and if I finally win the lottery the VR allpowerful laptop

Back in topic, some questions:

While you are using the controls in a non-touch environment, how those things behave? it's like having a split Xbox controller?

Is true that using just two Constellation sensors you can get the Guardian working and it's not really needed the third Constellation sensor?
    12-15-2016 02:46 PM
    Can't wait to get some - until then, JEALOUSY!
    12-15-2016 03:43 PM
    While you are using the controls in a non-touch environment, how those things behave? it's like having a split Xbox controller?
    It does so I heard but it might not be ideal for some games. If you need your thumb on a stick and have to press buttons that are on the same controller.
    12-15-2016 05:13 PM

Is true that using just two Constellation sensors you can get the Guardian working and it's not really needed the third Constellation sensor?
    Guardian works with just two, but if you turn around and the controllers are at your torso things go bad fast. There are also almost none of the fun "reach behind you to do X" game mechanics like you see with so many Vive games.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    12-16-2016 08:46 AM
    Is there enough content right now for them to be worth $200? I've been very interested in them, but it seems like there aren't that many games.
    12-18-2016 06:09 PM
    Is there enough content right now for them to be worth $200? I've been very interested in them, but it seems like there aren't that many games.
    About 50 something titles dedicated to the Touch controllers, but also Steam already recognize the Oculus controllers as well.

I just posted this thread: http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-news-di...s-so-far-9463/

Not my experience (I haven't already) but worth the info.
    12-19-2016 12:02 AM
    And some Vive controller games will work with them as well.
    12-19-2016 06:16 PM
    Anyone here who experienced both the Vive wands and the touch controllers that can comment on the difference in quality of tracking?
    01-02-2017 02:59 AM
    I have played with both; personally tracking in games both seemed very well done to me. The big thing with the Rift is proper camera placement to ensure the mode you are trying to use optimal (Roomscale, standing, sitting) but otherwise inside the games both were very well done in my experiences. I actually sort of prefer the wand style a little more then the Rift Touch controls but I feel that is something I will get used to as I play with them more.
    01-02-2017 08:06 PM
    I guess that you prefer the wands because they give you a more "solid" feel?
    I guess that most games are shooters, and the wands can simulate a gun the best way.
    I have also seen the there are 3d printed gun shapes etc. for it. Anyone has any experience with it? Do you know how it functions?
    You just put it over the wands?
    Seems like a pretty cool feature since it allows you to build a custom built controller.
    01-03-2017 01:51 AM
    I guess that most games are shooters, and the wands can simulate a gun the best way.
    I have also seen the there are 3d printed gun shapes etc. for it. Anyone has any experience with it? Do you know how it functions?
    Seems like a pretty cool feature since it allows you to build a custom built controller.
    Well it just seemed more intuitive at the time. But as I ended up buying a Rift over a Vive anyways I guess that says a lot about how strong my feelings were on the matter. I think HTC's tracker for 3D printed guns and what not makes more sense now. I still need to pick up some Touch controllers. Just haven't gotten around to it yet.
    01-16-2017 08:23 AM

Anyway, if you have any questions about Oculus Touch, fire away!
    Anyone here who experienced both the Vive wands and the touch controllers that can comment on the difference in quality of tracking?
    As you can see Gustav, Russel has both, in his picture he is wearing the ViVE and now he has the Touch.
    01-16-2017 12:57 PM
    I'm not a huge shooter fan, to be honest. In using both, I found Oculus Touch forces your hands into a specific set of positions and there's little room to adjust. Vive wands are bulkier for sure, but noticeably less restrictive when it comes to hand positioning.

I've also found Oculus Touch controllers don't track quite as well in every situation. There's an occasional drift, and while it corrects quickly the experience is unsettling.
    GustavMahler likes this.
    01-16-2017 01:50 PM
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Do you experience any significant difference in terms of image clarity?
    01-16-2017 04:36 PM
    I'm not a huge shooter fan, to be honest. In using both, I found Oculus Touch forces your hands into a specific set of positions and there's little room to adjust. Vive wands are bulkier for sure, but noticeably less restrictive when it comes to hand positioning.

I've also found Oculus Touch controllers don't track quite as well in every situation. There's an occasional drift, and while it corrects quickly the experience is unsettling.
    I was reading that the ones who made the XBOX controllers are the same guys who designed the Touch controllers, so they kind of copy the design from that, also I think one main problem is I think in the ViVE all the trackers follows all the devices (HDM, controllers and the new attachments) not matter what, while the trackers for the Oculus looks like one is for the HMD and the other for the Controllers, so it is limiting the capacity to track in all the positions.
    01-26-2017 10:45 PM
    I was reading that the ones who made the XBOX controllers are the same guys who designed the Touch controllers,
    Wonder if we will be getting an Oculus Design Lab to help personalize an Oculus Touch with more than 8 million possible combinations

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    EgoAnt likes this.
    01-27-2017 12:01 AM
    Well, so thanks to this amazing forum it seems like I will be joining the Oculus club soon
    So after you have had a little bit of time with the touch, can you give us some more solid impressions and thoughts? How is the tracking? Is there any lag at all?
    I am so excited to get mine

Thanks!
    EgoAnt and iThunderbirt like this.
    01-31-2017 10:37 AM
    Well, so thanks to this amazing forum it seems like I will be joining the Oculus club soon
    So after you have had a little bit of time with the touch, can you give us some more solid impressions and thoughts? How is the tracking? Is there any lag at all?
    I am so excited to get mine

Thanks!
    Russel need to address that answer but what I read was the trackers has to be well positioned in order to follow the controllers very well, otherwise you will have some "jumps" with it, I think the Third tracker could be a good option to buy if it's in your budget.

I don't know if it's ok to place the cameras for the controllers in a higher position or even in the back of the room.
    GustavMahler likes this.
    02-01-2017 04:30 PM