With Oculus Rift, am I able to connect to to my game console or phone to use? Or am I restricted to my PC?
    05-27-2016 08:44 AM
    Yea the Oculus Rift requires a PC. I don't believe an Xbox would work UNLESS it met the required specs since basically an xbox is a PC, BUT I wouldn't chance it.

From the VRHeads blogs Everything you need to know about Oculus Rift | VRHeads

Does this work on its own or do I have to plug it into something?

Oculus Rift needs a computer to run, and the minimum system requirements for that PC are significant. Those requirements include a video card equivalent to the Nvidia Geforce 970 and 8GB of RAM, which immediately renders most laptops and desktops under $1,000 unable to power this experience.

There are some computers that can be easily upgraded to support Oculus Rift, but in many cases a new PC or laptop will less expensive than the time and money needed to upgrade.
    Oculus provides links on their web site to Oculus ready PCs....

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/oculus-ready-pcs/
    Yea the Oculus Rift requires a PC. I don't believe an Xbox would work UNLESS it met the required specs since basically an xbox is a PC, BUT I wouldn't chance it.

From the VRHeads blogs Everything you need to know about Oculus Rift | VRHeads

Does this work on its own or do I have to plug it into something?

Oculus Rift needs a computer to run, and the minimum system requirements for that PC are significant. Those requirements include a video card equivalent to the Nvidia Geforce 970 and 8GB of RAM, which immediately renders most laptops and desktops under $1,000 unable to power this experience.

There are some computers that can be easily upgraded to support Oculus Rift, but in many cases a new PC or laptop will less expensive than the time and money needed to upgrade.
    Oculus provides links on their web site to Oculus ready PCs....

https://www.oculus.com/en-us/oculus-ready-pcs/
    05-27-2016 09:04 AM
    I've seen a lot of people on youtube with this VR device. How did they get it if the consumer release is in 2016? Did they get it for free for testing? if so, I WANT IT!!! lol
    06-29-2016 06:52 AM
    Xbox Project Scorpio will be VR ready... But currently you need a rec spec gaming PC for the Rift.
    07-13-2016 08:18 AM
    Yep. And Cale has summed up everything right here: Can I use my Oculus Rift without a PC? | VRHeads
    12-14-2016 12:06 PM