The last time I tried an Oculus Rift (about a year ago) I noted that it could not determine height. That is, I was sitting and when I stood up the image did not change. This may have been an artifact of the software I was being shown. Then again, it might be a efficiency in the Oculus Rift design. Which is it?

-Thanks
    01-03-2017 07:03 PM
    The last time I tried an Oculus Rift (about a year ago) I noted that it could not determine height. That is, I was sitting and when I stood up the image did not change. This may have been an artifact of the software I was being shown. Then again, it might be a efficiency in the Oculus Rift design. Which is it?

-Thanks
    Hi Welcome to the forum!

Well, the Rift can do an interpolation to get your height, but to do that you first need to calibrate it.

One thing about what you are saying is if the experience you were trying with the Rift was a kind of video not meant to handle a real VR but just a 360 experience it won't change if you move vertically, just if you turn your head on any direction.
    01-03-2017 07:24 PM
    It was the Roller Coaster & DC3 Cabin demos. I have no idea if these demos are constrained or if the Ocular was uncalibrated.

(Ready for more tech questions or should I post them individually?)
    01-03-2017 07:36 PM
    It was the Roller Coaster & DC3 Cabin demos. I have no idea if these demos are constrained or if the Ocular was uncalibrated.

(Ready for more tech questions or should I post them individually?)
    OK, the Roller Coaster I tried doesn't really have the option to change the height during the experience and I haven't tried the DC3 Cabin demos, so maybe is that.

Regarding to the questions, I recommend you to do it in a new Thread so if another user is having the same doubt will be able to find the thread easily, also you can search for a question in the search box and see if it was already answered.
    01-03-2017 07:59 PM