Hi,

VR on a mobile device is a lot of fun And is a great inexpensive way to reach the masses. I feel it is a great platform for watching 360 films and playing simple games. But the experience is not comparable to a headset like the Vive or Oculus for obvious reasons to us here, but what about everyone else? People do not expect the same things from their smartphones as they do their PC's because the understand they are different. I believe we should have two separate classifications for VR so people understand that this "once again" emerging technology actually has levels of sophistication.
    So any suggestion? I have thought about One being "VR" while the other "Cardboard" but I have a windows phone so I don't really use Cardboard.
    Mobile VR also seems like a bad name because you should not really be mobile while in VR.

thanks
    iosman
    07-14-2019 12:51 AM
    I believe there are actually 3 categories. Mobile based VR, such as Google Cardboard, and the better Google Daydream and Samsung Gear VR. Then standalone VR such as the Oculus Go, and Mirage Solo, and the better Oculus Quest, Primax, and a couple others. And then finally computer based VR, such as the Oculus Rift, Rift S, HTC Vive, Vive Pro, WMR headsets (which might even be another category), and PSVR (counting the PS4 as the computer.
    07-14-2019 09:02 AM