Super excited that VR is taking off! I just recently read Ready Player One, and I'm SO ready for The Oasis to be real! Anyone else excited about the movie adaptation of the book coming out this year? Which company do you think will be the first to come anywhere close to creating something similar to the Oasis? Book recommendations welcome here as well!
    03-31-2017 12:28 PM
    I absolutely love Ready Player One!

Not sure which company will be first, but we're already seeing early versions of tactile feedback suits, scent towers, and open social platforms where people can wander from experience to experience. It'll probably be a while before any one company pulls all of that together, but would be incredibly exciting!
    Firegold21 and trancesweeps like this.
    04-01-2017 10:46 AM
    I haven't read the book yet. I know, I really need to, huh? Maybe I'll check it out from the library today. I like Russell Holly's answer and am likewise looking forward to seeing what happens.
    trancesweeps likes this.
    04-01-2017 11:33 AM
    Welcome to Vrheads @trancesweeps! Im not really into book reading but give me a VR version of the book and I'm all in haha What i like most about VR is that, its only just the beginning and there are a lot of opportunities out there. Will be interesting to see what happens in 2017 / 2018.

See you around the forums.
    trancesweeps likes this.
    04-02-2017 01:34 AM
    Definitely check out the book if you haven't! Especially if you're a VR fan. I'm such a fan! Joined this community in hopes of winning a sweepstakes and finally experiencing VR myself! I have to say Ready Player One really got me interested in everything VR.
    04-02-2017 11:14 AM