Hi,

I'm Nick from England. Basically come here to find out more about VR gaming.

I guess I still think of VR headsets as a bit of a "not quite there yet" technology. Generally I play strategy type games so I don't see myself investing in Oculus, Vive etc just yet but I'm thinking mayme using Google Cradboard to try out VR.
    10-15-2016 10:00 AM
    Hi,

I'm Nick from England. Basically come here to find out more about VR gaming.

I guess I still think of VR headsets as a bit of a "not quite there yet" technology. Generally I play strategy type games so I don't see myself investing in Oculus, Vive etc just yet but I'm thinking mayme using Google Cradboard to try out VR.
    Hi I'm from England too. My experience so far from using the Vive would beg to differ that it's not quite there yet. Sure there is plenty room for improvement still, granted.
    10-15-2016 11:20 AM
    I definitely recommend trying out Google Cardboard, as it's a very cheap and quick way to get a feel for VR. If you get it, check out Wizard Academy VR Cardboard, and through their site they have instructions to print and make your own "controller" out of cardboard that your phone's camera can track and lets you aim and use your wand in the game. It's not super fleshed out or anything, mostly just an assortment of short mini-games, but again, this lets you see the kind of experiences that VR allows for, and it's not hard to see how much better they'd be with a fully-fleshed out system like Vive.
    10-15-2016 12:07 PM
    First, thank you so much for posting a question to VR Heads. I know that I appreciate your visit, and the community needs more people interested in this amazing technology. I would love for you to continue this thread and many more.

If you have a VR unit, would you care to add your username in the following posts and join us for some fun?

Steam = http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...sernames-8391/
    Vtime = http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...sernames-8098/
    Altspace = http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...ce-names-8094/
    Oculus = http://forums.vrheads.com/vr-communi...sernames-8102/
    If you don't have any VR gear right now, Altspace works on Mac and Windows in 2D. Plus, there is Cards Against Humanity!
    10-20-2016 03:13 AM
    10-24-2016 12:36 PM
    Welcome, NickMUK! Even though VR "isn't quite there" yet it's still a very compelling experience. I am enjoying the craziness of a new and emerging market, it's during this time that people haven't quite formed the patterns of behavior that will take hold in a few years. It's like the early days of mobile games - crazy stuff can and will happen (Flappy Bird, anyone?).

I agree that Google Cardboard is a great way to get started, or something like the Gear VR, if you have a Samsung.
    pkcable likes this.
    10-24-2016 02:20 PM
    Welcome
    10-26-2016 01:38 AM
    Welcome to VR Heads! 😎
    10-27-2016 01:22 AM
    Welcome to VR Heads Nick! I see you haven't posted since your original post here... we'd love to see you back!
    11-09-2016 10:41 AM
    Hi, Nick. Welcome! Cardboard is a great place to start. Hope to talk to you again soon.
    11-09-2016 07:28 PM