Hi Everyone. Paul here.

I am very much a VR noob. I got a free Google cardboard during the Star Wars cardboard giveaway. Not sure I would have paid for one at the time but after my first time with it I wish I would have sooner. I loved it, and couldn't put it down for about 2 weeks. My wife has issues with the motion so she was once and done. That has lead to a little bit of a decline in use for me, since she can't participate. However, I recently pre-ordered the Google Pixel XL and seeing that it comes with a free Daydream VR I am super excited to get back into it again. The phone is coming on the 20th but not sure what the time frame is for the Daydream once I order it as a freebie with the phone. From what I can gather on the internet everyone seems to love it and is excited for where it might take "casual" VR. Unfortunately I don't think I will be getting much more serious than the Daydream, as PSVR or other more serious VR systems aren't quite a priority in the budget yet, but maybe some day.

I plan on figuring out what goodies I can do with it but in the meantime if anyone has any suggestions I would love to hear them.

Thanks!
    10-13-2016 12:42 PM
    Thanks for coming over to the VR side, Paul. Welcome!

Last I heard Daydream headsets were not shipping until November. I think Russell can confirm this. The way it will work is that you get a code to order a matching Daydream and the Google store will ship, so you won't get it as the same time as your phone.
    10-13-2016 12:48 PM