Home VRHeads Q&A > HTC Vive

Where do I get games for my HTC Vive?

Asked: Jul 19 2016 | 9:11 am EDT 1377 Views 5 Answers View Best Answer

Exactly where do I go to purchase games for my HTC Vive? I was told I could buy them anywhere but I have a feeling that I have to go somewhere specific.

Best Answer

Sep 08 2016 | 4:09 pm EDT EgoAnt

So 'Stream VR' is that the same sort of set up as 'Steam' for PC games?
Steam VR is just another section of the Steam store. The games listed there also list which devices they are compatible with, it isn't just for the Vive as many of the titles are for Oculus, too.

Here's where you can see all the VR titles on Steam.

Also, as I recall VRheads did an article about how to follow unreleased games on Steam, which applies here, too.

More Answers

Aug 03 2016 | 10:28 am EDT pkcable

Stream VR is an HTC Vive partner and probably your best place to get games. You can also use ANY Google Cardboard game...

SteamVR
Sep 06 2016 | 2:50 am EDT Matty

Stream VR is an HTC Vive partner and probably your best place to get games. You can also use ANY Google Cardboard game...

SteamVR
i was actually wondering the same thing this morning. Walking past stores, they are packed with games but not VR.

Sep 06 2016 | 1:27 pm EDT pkcable

i was actually wondering the same thing this morning. Walking past stores, they are packed with games but not VR.

Very similar, but I'm not 100% sure how it works. Not sure if it's a separate store (like the Oculus store) OR if it's just a section of the Steam PC store.
Sep 09 2016 | 1:19 pm EDT pkcable

Steam VR is just another section of the Steam store. The games listed there also list which devices they are compatible with, it isn't just for the Vive as many of the titles are for Oculus, too.

Here's where you can see all the VR titles on Steam.

Also, as I recall VRheads did an article about how to follow unreleased games on Steam, which applies here, too.
Since you gave a more detailed answer I bumped you up to "best answer"