Folks,

Jen Karner got the conversation started in this blog...

Best headphones for HTC Vive | VRHeads

So what do you think? Anything from that list? Any of your own choices? Someone in the comments mentioned 3D sound as a must have, is it? What about wireless bluetooth? Discuss!

Rich
    12-22-2016 12:01 PM
    If Sony's new Pro headphones are compatible, they're perfect for VR!
    pkcable likes this.
    12-22-2016 01:20 PM
    I use a gamer over the ear headphones Creative Sigma 3D and they do just fine.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-22-2016 02:05 PM
    I have the Rift but the one I liked the most from that list are the Sennheiser GAME ZERO, I have two headsets, so I won't buy it, I have the Astro A50 (Wireless) and the HyperX Revolver both are more than enough.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-23-2016 01:59 PM
    I use regular headphones for my Vive, but my favorites are Sol Republic V10 Tracks. The are really light to offset the weight of the HMD.
    pkcable likes this.
    12-24-2016 10:21 AM
    I use a set of Hyper Xs that work great now, but got a preorder in for the Ossic X that look to be right up the Vives alley.

https://www.ossic.com/
    12-25-2016 09:46 AM
    I've been using the Bose QuietComfort noise-cancelling earbuds and they've worked great so far. I know Jen mentioned the Bose QuietComfort Headphones, but I prefer the earbuds just because they're lightweight to offset the weight of the headset and they're more "breathable". Not sure if this is an issue for anyone else, but the Vive's headset can get pretty sweaty since there's not a lot of airflow. I find myself getting pretty hot after playing more active games like Raw Data or Longbow, so earbuds are more comfortable and don't get as hot as headphones do. Plus, when you turn the noise-cancellation feature on, it really does give you a more immersive VR experience.
    03-20-2017 04:39 PM