I bought the HTC Vive and a Inno3d Ichill x3 1070 Nvidia gpu and love it but sometimes it takes me longer to get it to work than actually using it. I have to restart Steam VR several times for it to start and sometimes get BSOD and my pc reboots, with 3 or 4 different errors warnings.
    Am I the only one?

Cheers
    07-27-2016 11:25 PM
    Unfortunately I don't have that headset, but I'm working on getting you some help. Have you checked out the HTC Vive support pages? They can be found here.....

https://www.htcvive.com/us/support/
    07-28-2016 07:57 AM
    I have checked that, I believe I should do a windows 10 reset (its nowadays word for "formating") but since I did one just 2 months before buying the Vive I wanted to avoid it since its always a bit of work
    I really wanted to know if other owners are experiencing the same.
    07-29-2016 01:55 AM
    I have checked that, I believe I should do a windows 10 reset (its nowadays word for "formating") but since I did one just 2 months before buying the Vive I wanted to avoid it since its always a bit of work
    I really wanted to know if other owners are experiencing the same.
    Ok I will see if I know anyone who can help
    07-29-2016 09:04 AM
    I bought the HTC Vive and a Inno3d Ichill x3 1070 Nvidia gpu and love it but sometimes it takes me longer to get it to work than actually using it. I have to restart Steam VR several times for it to start and sometimes get BSOD and my pc reboots, with 3 or 4 different errors warnings.
    Am I the only one?

Cheers
    That is certainly abnormal. I have, very rarely, needed to restart my PC to deal with unusual SteamVR anomalies. But crashing and reboots isn't good.

To me it sounds an awful lot like something is overheating.

Are you familiar with BlueStack? Id love to see the full stop error.

Also, SteamVR can act funny on different USB ports for me. Some of my USB ports , specifically the special models required by Oculus, cause SteamVR to stop recognizing things for me. I had to move it to a USB2 port
    07-29-2016 09:21 AM
    That is certainly abnormal. I have, very rarely, needed to restart my PC to deal with unusual SteamVR anomalies. But crashing and reboots isn't good.

To me it sounds an awful lot like something is overheating.

Are you familiar with BlueStack? Id love to see the full stop error.

Also, SteamVR can act funny on different USB ports for me. Some of my USB ports , specifically the special models required by Oculus, cause SteamVR to stop recognizing things for me. I had to move it to a USB2 port
    GOOD point! Not all USB ports are created equal, definitely experiment with different ones. Try the back if you have been using the front in particular, BUT also try different ones.
    07-29-2016 09:27 AM
    Thank you both for you answers
    I guess the best thing I should do is reset my windows 10 and install everything again. I am connected to a USB 3 port but you are right, since HTC Vive has USB 3 capabilities but only uses a USB 2 cable (I don't really understand why but ok...) maybe I could try connecting it to a USB 2.0 port. I don't have any overheating problems, I have a program that monitors that but thanks for the suggestion
    pkcable likes this.
    07-31-2016 06:54 AM
    Thank you both for you answers
    I guess the best thing I should do is reset my windows 10 and install everything again. I am connected to a USB 3 port but you are right, since HTC Vive has USB 3 capabilities but only uses a USB 2 cable (I don't really understand why but ok...) maybe I could try connecting it to a USB 2.0 port. I don't have any overheating problems, I have a program that monitors that but thanks for the suggestion
    Yeah, my Vive doesn't work right on USB 3.0. I have two different manufacturers of 3.0 USB ports - and it acts funny on all of them. Disabling the Camera helps for USB 3.0. But on USB 2.0 ports, I've had very few issues
    10-15-2016 10:34 PM