Troubleshooting for tracking issue's can get confusing when trying to pinpoint the cause as the list of possible causes is long.

This should help you rule out reflective surface's.
    It's a given that some reflective surfaces cause tracking issue's but which one's is the question?
    I have reflective surfaces in many places. I don't want to cover my entire room with a sheet.

I found the best way to test for interfering surfaces is to walk around your room scale boundary always facing outwards.
    Having both controllers up in front of you, do a continuous twisting motion with your hands. If there is anything interfering with the tracking of the controllers they will freak out by jumping around or even floating off. I found that moving them away from that spot and then putting them back will confirm for you some laser bouncing is going on.
    You will be facing fairly close to the culprits direction.

Hope this is helpful to someone.
    What's your experience of troubleshooting tracking issues?
    10-10-2016 06:01 AM
    My Vive setup is in a sun room, and every time direct sunlight hits the sensors I'm blind for 30 minutes. Nothing works at all.

Love the reflections suggestion, I'm going to have to give that a shot!
    10-10-2016 11:34 AM
    My desk is glass, and I get issues when I'm sitting. Probably going to have to put some fabric out on it to help.
    10-10-2016 06:22 PM
    My Vive setup is in a sun room, and every time direct sunlight hits the sensors I'm blind for 30 minutes. Nothing works at all.

Love the reflections suggestion, I'm going to have to give that a shot!
    How do you go blind for 30 minutes? Is that an exaggeration? Sorry, I've never experienced tracking issues due to light and I usually have light coming through a big window in my VR space.
    10-11-2016 07:10 PM