Hey HTC / Star Wars fans!

Those who own an HTC Vive and have an artistic side might have come across Tilt Brush by Google. One artist by the name of DongYoon Park decided to create a Star Wars battle in space.

Wow is the first thing that comes to mind. In the video, the first couple of minutes you get to view the battle's surroundings while zooming in on familiar Star Wars spacecrafts. At around the 2:34 mark, you start seeing DongYoon building a Star Destroyer (the speed of him creating the models start to speed up at this point). Having seen very few artist using such tools to create something, I find it pretty amazing how he is able to plan something then create it in a 3D environment such as Tilt Brush.

Anyone among the form had a chance to try Tilt Brush? Be cool to see what you have been working on no matter how simple your creation
    Firegold21 and Klortch like this.
    02-16-2017 06:20 PM
    I so want something like this on PSVR!!
    02-16-2017 09:19 PM
    I so want something like this on PSVR!!
    Probably not the Tilt Brush feature BUT, what if you could play a Star Wars RTS game that gives you a perspective similar to what is in the video...Would also bring Homeworld to a new level of game play.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    02-17-2017 02:10 PM
    You know when you star watching something and you say to yourself "it's too long, I will watch it at 2x or maybe not all" well I watched it all and regular speed, was amazing, I don't totally get how he moves around the whole scene, but it's simply amazing, also how fluent he uses the tools inside.

I think @pkcable have the Tilt Brush and also the Daydream so he can for sure make it better than that guy
    02-17-2017 06:57 PM
    Have never gotten the chance to try Tilt Brush before. After looking at this video it makes me want to try it even more!
    iThunderbirt likes this.
    02-18-2017 05:55 AM
    I love Tilt Brush, but I haven't picked it up in a long while. I need to have quiet to do it, so I can't play until very late.
    02-19-2017 05:39 PM
    I certainly admire tilt brush but I have no artistic skills! Lol
    02-19-2017 06:25 PM
    I certainly admire tilt brush but I have no artistic skills! Lol
    You know you can do it better, don't be lazy

I think even if we can all work together in the same scene at the same time we won't achieve that level of detail.

I also love Star Wars, I think Google made a hell of ads just with that video.
    pkcable likes this.
    02-20-2017 11:21 AM
    I gave Quill a try with Oculus Touch but it wasn't the same smooth experience as Tilt Brush. Might have to fire it up again after seeing that epic Star Wars creation.
    02-21-2017 08:34 AM
    Gah, this just makes me want a longer Star Wars experience in virtual reality from EA. Their recent X-Wing release looked really good on PSVR - just wish they released a larger version for other VR platforms
    02-21-2017 08:47 AM
    Gah, this just makes me want a longer Star Wars experience in virtual reality from EA. Their recent X-Wing release looked really good on PSVR - just wish they released a larger version for other VR platforms
    Licensed lightsabre duels would be perfect for VR... Need a rehash of the Mos Eisley level from Battlefront 2.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    02-21-2017 11:11 AM
    Licensed lightsabre duels would be perfect for VR... Need a rehash of the Mos Eisley level from Battlefront 2.
    Lightblade for Vive is pretty cheap and deeply satisfying. Lightblade VR on Steam
    02-22-2017 11:59 AM
    I remember one time there was a Web based game to use the phone as a lightsaber, I think it was before some Star Wars movie but I can't recall which one.
    02-27-2017 06:29 PM
    Have played Lightblade, can confirm it's satisfying. Chemy, I remember that game.
    02-28-2017 11:37 AM
    Hi iThunderbirt,
    You might wanna check out my Homeworld-like Space RTS,1v1 online, coming to Steam Dec 27:

void LINK : void LINK on Steam

Star Wars - Tilt Brush-grandoperation_anim_25p_20fps.jpg
    12-20-2017 04:02 PM