I have broken one of the speakers on my HTC Vive, where can I go to purchase spare parts?
    07-19-2016 09:40 AM
    Just go to the website, they have spare parts for sale there.
    Just go to the website, they have spare parts for sale there.
    jayblazer likes this.
    07-28-2016 10:37 PM
    Oculus also has spare parts for theirs also. The Gear VR is a self-contained unit.
    07-31-2016 12:50 AM
    I heard Vive didn't have speakers like the Rift. Confused now.
    08-09-2016 12:09 PM
    Yeah could you clarify what speaker broke?
    09-11-2016 03:10 PM
    I think he means the spatial sensor units..which when mounted kind of look like little tweeter speakers..
    09-30-2016 02:23 PM
    If I had my own request for a part that I could order, it would be a lens that isn't a fresnel lens. The concentric cirlce lines blur too much at the edges, and light from the display reflects off of ridges just below the eyeline, which is kind of distracting.. It's worse in rooms with white or bright environments..
    09-30-2016 03:32 PM
    You can order stuff under Accessories on their website.

The HTC Vive is awesome, their (edit: RMA proccess)... is absolutely brutal. I had to open 5 support tickets, taking over a month, just to try and get a replacement power cable for one of our base stations. We had to open the RMA request three times, because someone in their RMA department just closed the requests without fullfilling them. I'm still waiting for the cable, but hopeful they actually come through this time.

They kept trying to get me to purchase a cable from ebay, but I showed them in their documents, using unofficial parts voids the warranty of the entire HMD. So just make sure to keep them accountable and get it from them. Lots of chat support requests. Their parts list on the accessories page is not very good.
    Last edited by KermEd; 10-21-2016 at 11:48 AM.
    Penguwin likes this.
    10-15-2016 10:39 PM
    That's a shame since HTC normally cares about their customers, in my experience
    10-17-2016 12:42 PM

The HTC Vive is awesome, their support ... is absolutely brutal. I had to open 5 support tickets, taking over a month, just to try and get a replacement power cable for one of our base stations. We had to open the RMA request three times, because someone in their RMA department just closed the requests without fullfilling them. I'm still waiting for the cable, but hopeful they actually come through this time.

They kept trying to get me to purchase a cable from ebay, but I showed them in their documents, using unofficial parts voids the warranty of the entire HMD. So just make sure to keep them accountable and get it from them. Lots of chat support requests. Their parts list on the accessories page is not very good.
    Harsh experience.
    I wish you could buy a replacement headset too. Would be nice to have the option for peace of mind.
    10-19-2016 06:42 PM

The HTC Vive is awesome, their support ... is absolutely brutal. I had to open 5 support tickets, taking over a month, just to try and get a replacement power cable for one of our base stations. We had to open the RMA request three times, because someone in their RMA department just closed the requests without fullfilling them. I'm still waiting for the cable, but hopeful they actually come through this time.

Wow... Keep us updated on your progress there. Seems like HTC needs to train their Vive support staff a bit more thoroughly.

Best of luck!
    10-20-2016 12:23 AM
    Wow... Keep us updated on your progress there. Seems like HTC needs to train their Vive support staff a bit more thoroughly.

Best of luck!
    I agree. But being HTC they usually are more caring with their customers, from my experience at least.
    10-20-2016 01:57 AM
    I agree. But being HTC they usually are more caring with their customers, from my experience at least.
    They have been incredibly polite. We had to contact them again, it has now reached week 5 and the RMA hasn't shipped again. They don't know why.

That said, its all logistics & policy stuff. The support representatives have all been very professional, and very polite and truly seem to want to help. We will get it sorted, and we have other headsets we support anyway that we show off in the meantime
    10-21-2016 11:48 AM
    Quick question...Is it possible to install htc blinkfeed on other android phone, like Samsung, LG, Pixel, or etc....?
    10-21-2016 07:02 PM
    You should be able to install the SenseHome app from HTC, which replaced BlinkFeed (I believe) last year. A little fuzzy on the details but more info here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...launcher&hl=en
    11-28-2016 10:28 AM