Hi, let's say I want to use my future Vive in the living room, and my computer is in an open room in the second floor. Will I be able to it when the wireless option comes out to the Vive?
    What will be the maximum distance, and will the distance cause more lag/reduce performance?
    Thanks!
    01-07-2017 07:36 PM
    The wireless aspect won't mean much without expanding the reach of the room cubes. Right now, the room trackers work effectively in 5-6 foot cube.
    01-07-2017 08:26 PM
    Hi, let's say I want to use my future Vive in the living room, and my computer is in an open room in the second floor. Will I be able to it when the wireless option comes out to the Vive?
    What will be the maximum distance, and will the distance cause more lag/reduce performance?
    Thanks!
    I think you mean about, if the distance between the ViVE (with the wireless option) and the computer will affect the performance?

The easy answer is YES but, maybe not in matter of Speed, if there is too many obstacles (physical and electromagnetic) the performance will be in connection lost, remember the Wireless option uses a kind of router, so the range of optima operation will be define from the capabilities it brings, maybe you won't be able to place that router in the living room and for that you won't have the minimum signal strength needed to operate your ViVE.

And for the Constellation trackers is as krisguy said, you need to set up the room trackers in the room where you plan to use the ViVE.
    01-09-2017 10:05 PM
    Thanks.
    Can you estimate if the distance from the living room up to the second floor will be fine? I can connect to the WiFi in the 2nd floor, and the router is downstairs in the living room
    01-10-2017 08:39 AM
    Right now the TPCast isn't going to make it much more than 10-12 ft from the PC right now, but other solutions may be better.

The big thing to remember with wireless VR is how seriously terrible interference will be for the experience. Getting as far away as you're suggesting puts it at risk of "microwave death" which would immediately sour someone on VR.
    Chemy JMHT and GustavMahler like this.
    01-10-2017 03:53 PM
    As I said the signals like the wireless phone, not your smartphone only, also everything like the WiFi will damage any other communication device.

Also it's important the latency it creates.
    GustavMahler likes this.
    01-10-2017 09:57 PM
    Mmmm, microwave death.

Like OP, I too am hoping for extensive reach. I want warehouse VR!
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    01-11-2017 09:01 PM
    Mmmm, microwave death.

Like OP, I too am hoping for extensive reach. I want warehouse VR!
    Don't you want it also over 4G networks? lol

I think not too far will be possible maybe with a 5G network actually, those speeds are sick!
    01-11-2017 09:05 PM