Can any one tell me ,from galaxy vr, oculus rift or HTC vive which is the best
    10-21-2016 05:46 AM
    This VRHeads blog goes over the 4 major platforms ...

The great Virtual Reality buyer's guide | VRHeads

It covers the 3 you mentioned plus Google Cardboard. Now also to consider is the JUST about to be released Google Daydream View and the Microsoft Hololens.
    10-21-2016 08:35 AM
    Or how much is it a pain to hook it up to the computer, doesn't seem as potable as say the daydream. Idk
    10-24-2016 03:17 AM
    Daydream and Gear VR are significantly more portable and cheaper, but orders of magnitude less capable. In the end, it's all about the kind of VR experience you want.

Posted via the VRHeads App for Android
    10-25-2016 08:05 AM
    HTC vibe has a lot of wires. But the experience is awesome. Gear VR on the other hand is portable though...
    10-25-2016 10:29 AM
    My 2 cents as a Vive and DK2 owner: the improved screen resolution of the high end VR headsets like Oculus and Vive is way more enjoyable. I tried a Samsung Gear VR once, and the pixilation of the screen and low refresh rate was a deal breaker. The resolution on my Vive is actually good enough that I don't mind watching movies on it. In terms of content, PSVR and Oculus seem to have a lot more high-end exclusives coming up in 2017. That makes me sad, because I really want more fun things to do with my Vive
    pjs37 and Talkivr like this.
    12-09-2016 10:25 PM
    My 2 cents as a Vive and DK2 owner: the improved screen resolution of the high end VR headsets like Oculus and Vive is way more enjoyable. I tried a Samsung Gear VR once, and the pixilation of the screen and low refresh rate was a deal breaker. The resolution on my Vive is actually good enough that I don't mind watching movies on it. In terms of content, PSVR and Oculus seem to have a lot more high-end exclusives coming up in 2017. That makes me sad, because I really want more fun things to do with my Vive
    You should really try out Vorpx then! People are reporting that it's quite good, and you can play quality full length games with it. It is 40$, but in my opinion they are worth it (no personal experience, but I've seen some videos on my cardboard of Vorpx and it looked really good, depending on the game)
    Not sure about controllers compatibillity though.
    01-05-2017 01:43 PM
    The GearVR is the best portable headset and only requires a Samsung Galaxy phone. The HTC Vive is the best Desktop Computer experience but it requires a high-end PC. I have both and use them or different reasons.
    01-31-2017 10:24 PM
    Owning all three of these i would definitely go with the Vive.
    Oculus has been doing some questionable things to its community and the only thing that i think it has going for it are its controllers (but Valve have something coming up soon to compete with this)
    While the GearVR is very portable and good by itself, its experience is very limited.
    The Vive gets a strong vote for me and i have been recommending it to those i know over any of the others.
    02-01-2017 02:04 AM
    I agree. Especially if you have the space for a full room experience. Oculus schemes are very dubious, imo.

Cheers
    04-03-2017 07:54 AM
    What do you mean by "dubious"? I just picked up a GearVR this week and I was pleasantly surprised by the experience... but I do think content is a little lean at this time. By contrast, it is easy to see when Steam has to offer for VR compatible entertainment offerings.
    06-22-2017 11:17 AM
    I am currently thinking about selling my HTC Vive. Very sad but true, dont have the time to play with it, with a 4 year old daughter and all...

Cheers
    07-14-2017 03:29 PM
    being perfectly honest i think the Vive is the best headset all-round and has a great community of devs and consumers, but for the hefty of $825.22 USD +shipping, you could easy snatch up a play station along with the vr bundle for the same price as the Vive or if you have an alright computer that could be upgraded easily you should definitely consider the oculus because of its low price point and less bulky feel (compared to the Vive) although its not as good as the vive 'spec-wise' its still a great headset. if your interested in a simple portable vr experience either the google vr headset or the gear vr headset would be a perfect fit!
    but before spending a whole lot of money on any of these headsets I encourage you to test these headsets individual at a technology expo.
    08-03-2017 05:28 AM