Hi so I have been having issues where games on the vive crash with the error D3D device was removed due to DXGI ERROR DEVICE HUNG. It goes on to say that it might be due to bad gpu drivers or bad hardware. I use a gtx 1080 on a windows 10 machine. I tried tinkering with many settings like lowering the supersampling . Updating drivers . Updating windows . Disabling windows game mode . Changing to performance in the nvidia control panel . Tried to run games as admin . Reinstalled the games . Reinstalled steam. Tried to install and delete the viveport software. Some game sod work fine without issues like project cars 2 but rec room even though seems to work fine . I cant get bowling to play it crashes when the tect shows up ready to start although other rec room games work when it crashes I see in the logs that is says d3d11 failed to create staging 2d texture but if I launch bowling in non-vr it works fine. Also with a game like RideOp VR experience it crashes on some rides but not all with the error LowLevelFatalError GPU crashed . I am stumped as to why some games work and some dont and even though some work other parts of the game are causing crashes . Is there maybe a preffered driver version for the nvidia gpu or something else I could try ? Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails OG vive issues with games crashing-56ce38a7-8fdf-4bc6-a5a6-465a5e1e682f.jpg   OG vive issues with games crashing-27ed33a0-413d-4c7e-b1f1-aa26c56bd75d.jpg  
    09-15-2019 03:23 AM
    09-15-2019 11:25 PM
    The error shows it is coming from Unreal Engine itself. I'd have to refer to Epic Games, since this is the engine crashing on GPU failure. I use AMD myself, so I don't know how Nvidia drivers work against UE4.
    pkcable likes this.
    09-16-2019 08:33 AM
    09-16-2019 12:42 PM
    Hey thanks for getting back. In the mean time I have been trying to figure this out but this is not a Unreal engine issues as I kept on testing different games it keeps happening. I did manage to find some logs in the event viewer.
    https://pastebin.com/Q38D3bk9
    https://pastebin.com/8ftM6SZF
    Also including the dxdiag of the system
    https://pastebin.com/yYDuwFf6

It seems to happen randomly I could be playing Valves the lab for 20-30 minutes before crashing. And other games crash within minutes. I tried going steamvr beta. reducing all the settings to minimum disabling the camera and bluetooth . Tried the reset which deletes the drivers and you replug your vive back in. Removed the OC on the CPU and GPU.
    09-16-2019 04:35 PM