Home VRHeads Q&A > HTC Vive

not sure if buy Vive or wait for eyetracking

Asked: Nov 09 2017 | 7:25 pm EST 1570 Views 1 Answers View Best Answer

I'm just an user, wannabe developer. TBH I didn't get much of what's going on with eye tracking. It seems to me that no official HTC Vive source talks about it, still I looked around and I got these two points; there are enterprises like 7invensun with aGlass that offers a physical upgrade to the Vive; there is Tobii that promises a pre-assembled Vive device eith eye tracking included. Should I wait to buy a VR with eye-tracking included? Is there anything (games, videos, etc.) that support eye tracking yet, or it's just for developers? Lastly: do you think that buying the vive and hope to upgrade it with eye tracking in the future is a wise choise? Thank you guys (:

Best Answer

Nov 10 2017 | 5:05 pm EST James Bricknell

Having been a tech nerd a long time i can tell you, never wait for the net best thing. When android was just kicking off there was a new phone every 6 months. You were always saying "If i wait six months i can have the s4 instead of M7, but 3 months after the s4 is the M8 so i could wait for that instead. Eventually you keep your motorola droid forever because you are stuck with indecision.

If you have the money, the space and the where with all to buy a Vive right now, do it. You won't be disappointed.