Here is my experience so far trying to troubleshoot loss of tracking when the camera is enabled.

Obviously you can google for tips but nowhere did I see it mentioned that turning off your usb audio device's audio enhancements can fix things. Well at least for me!
    I also needed to turn my refresh rate down to 55 hz. Random I know. This is the only way I can pass the camera test for a prolonged period. Sometimes it would pass but only for about 10 sec.
    Changing to a 2.0 usb made no odds for me.

I will update if I find it's still bugging out. It really shouldn't though after passing the test for so long.
    The true test is pressing the guide button with the camera on dashboard during gaming though. It wouldn't always crash but annoyingly at random it would.

I am using the SteamVR beta and Windows 10 for your information.

If you need more detail about changing settings just ask? Feel free to add your experience.
    02-06-2017 03:48 PM
    Here is my experience so far trying to troubleshoot loss of tracking when the camera is enabled.

Obviously you can google for tips but nowhere did I see it mentioned that turning off your usb audio device's audio enhancements can fix things. Well at least for me!
    I also needed to turn my refresh rate down to 55 hz. Random I know. This is the only way I can pass the camera test for a prolonged period. Sometimes it would pass but only for about 10 sec.
    Changing to a 2.0 usb made no odds for me.

I will update if I find it's still bugging out. It really shouldn't though after passing the test for so long.
    The true test is pressing the guide button with the camera on dashboard during gaming though. It wouldn't always crash but annoyingly at random it would.

I am using the SteamVR beta and Windows 10 for your information.

If you need more detail about changing settings just ask? Feel free to add your experience.
    Thanks for the tips. But why are you still using Steam Beta?
    02-06-2017 03:58 PM
    Thanks for the tips. But why are you still using Steam Beta?
    I like to get the updates quicker. They are usually stable. Apart from when I had the purple ghosting effect for a while.
    Chemy JMHT likes this.
    02-06-2017 04:10 PM
    I like to get the updates quicker. They are usually stable.
    What updates are those?
    02-06-2017 04:11 PM
    What updates are those?
    I don't know of late but I opted into the beta originally so I could try asynchronous timewarp sooner.
    02-06-2017 04:17 PM