Has anyone experimented with the HTC VIVE as a drone groundstation? I'm exploring using an HD 360 video live feed into Unreal using the HDMI out on my 3DR Solo drone controller. Later I think it would be awesome to integrate a second gimbal camera feed (in a window) in the VR view, and mapping the controls to the VIVE controllers (the 3DR solo is all open source so this should be feasible with time and coding effort). I think VR has a lot of potential for realtime video and data dashboards... we live in exciting times!
    12-22-2016 03:39 AM
    I think that would make for some amazing videos! PLEASE post some up if/when you make them!
    12-22-2016 09:17 AM
    Has anyone experimented with the HTC VIVE as a drone groundstation? I'm exploring using an HD 360 video live feed into Unreal using the HDMI out on my 3DR Solo drone controller. Later I think it would be awesome to integrate a second gimbal camera feed (in a window) in the VR view, and mapping the controls to the VIVE controllers (the 3DR solo is all open source so this should be feasible with time and coding effort). I think VR has a lot of potential for realtime video and data dashboards... we live in exciting times!
    I'm thinking about putting something like this together. Did you manage it? Any update?
    07-18-2018 02:20 PM