So, I am noticing that most games require either keyboards or mice to move around...and not ever game supports teleporting.. The vorpx mod doesn't seem to allow for controller navigation. You do just about everything else, and a bunch of things I wouldn't care to do..but not move around...

Does anyone know of any way to set it so that at least on of the d-pads on your controllers is for standard directional (non-teleport) movement? None of these controllers seem to map themselves this way or allow for it..which totally blows my mind..Its a controller!
    08-31-2016 12:22 AM
    VorpX games don't really have an elegant way of dealing with this yet, but it's on their list to potentially support in the future. Complicated stuff, especially when you're dealing with games that were never really meant to deal with this kind of thing!
    krisguy likes this.
    08-31-2016 06:36 PM
    Honestly, I feel like these units are sold unfinished. Why do I NEED Vorpx? The people designing the VR Goggles knew that they were working with Windows systems and with games on that system. Yet, it feels like they tried to get as close to designing the headset for android as they could, without it actually being android. There is a real disconnect in how the headset and controllers work together and with the computer that they are attached to. And it makes no sense to me. Without direct support for mapping the headset and controllers to windows and gaming actions/buttons/keyboard presses.. These units are just shy of being paper weights.. If I wasn't able to play videos and look at my 3D photography, I'd have already lost interest in it. For $800 plus the cost of a supported system, I really expected better interaction than this...
    09-14-2016 02:04 AM