I've heard the HTC Vive is the best VR headset on the market today. Is that true? To be honest I haven't tried any but really want one. Coming here has been a treat as I can see there are others here with the same passion!
    05-26-2016 04:23 PM
    I would say yes based on other reviews but some of the sensors can be tricky as some have said. But after buying everything you need to have it setup it's one heck of an investment for sure.
    05-27-2016 03:51 PM
    As someone who owns a Vive I can say that the experience is top notch, every single person who I have had try walks away amazed and asks where they can get one. I have demoed the Vive (I made my vr rig semi portable) to about 90 people and all of them love it. It's true the light houses (sensors) are a little cumbersome to setup, but it really is worth it in the end. I can go to having everything packed up in 3 bags (1 for computer and various wires 1 for the Vive itself and 1 for the light stands to mount the light houses on) to having someone in vr in about 15 min. And I am working on making it more portable soon.
    06-01-2016 04:29 PM
    I definitely agree with John. For now the Vive is the only headset that can actually give you a fully immersive experience and I personally think the innovation that it has prompted might allow it to prevail over the Oculus even when the Touch controllers come out. That said, everyone will have a different opinion on which headset works better for them and I would really recommend finding a way to try before you buy unless you just can't wait. Personally I do really enjoy the Vive, but most reviewers say the Oculus is more comfortable, so you are trading a superior immersive experience for slightly less comfort with the Vive.
    06-02-2016 09:15 PM
    Own the Vive. It totally won this first round of modern day VR (sorry Oculus). Once Oculus adds some handsets to the experience like the Vive has then it'll be more of an either or decision. For now. Have a feeling this game is going to evolve fast!
    06-02-2016 11:47 PM
    Talked to an Oculus rep while in SLC. She stated the handsets are coming this year, pre-orders were actually launched the day I spoke with her.
    06-22-2016 01:20 PM
    Both Vive and Oculus are awesome.. Having tried Vive and Touch/Rift can say they will both be a good buy and are top tier VR experiences. I did find the RIft to be more comfortable on my face for prolonged use over Vive which hurt my nose after a bit. (Big Nose lol) Touch controllers also very comfortable. But really you cannot go wrong with either device IMO.
    06-23-2016 11:50 AM
    The only thing I didn't like about the Vive was the cords. That's an easy one to Overcome.
    06-23-2016 04:30 PM