I am very excited from the chance to move my body when gaming, something that I didn't think I will experience, but it is now possible.

Now, I would like to ask-can you be short on breath after playing an intense game on the Vive?
    I know from reports that you sweat when using the Vive, but maybe it's mostly from the padding..?

Do most of the Vive's games require you to really move your body all around, or it's just a fake workout?
    01-01-2017 09:43 PM
    I am sure you can there are several threads on a few companies working on it with using common machines with VR providing the visual experience. The hard bit seems to be the keeping the headsets on and dry.
    01-01-2017 09:53 PM
    Exactly. The padding seems to intensify sweating, and I don't want to take a shower after every playing session.
    In that regard I think that the Rift may be a much better solution, as it is lighter and the nose gap may provide ventilation.
    Also the hand controllers are lighter, and it should be better for natural hand movements.
    The only problem is that it is reported that the Rift's tracking is not as accurate.
    01-01-2017 10:07 PM
    This is the information you are looking for.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/aaron...66866030056285
    01-31-2017 09:20 PM
    Some games are like workouts but if you already workout at the gym there's no comparison, to be honest.

Cheers
    04-04-2017 03:52 AM
    There are plenty of games that will equal a good cardio workout, and I have the FitBit data to prove it!

What will really be interesting is when the Vive Tracker lets you add real life hardware to the virtual experience. Swinging an actual baseball bat in the baseball sim I did when trying out the Trackers was amazing.
    04-05-2017 08:04 AM
    There are plenty of games that will equal a good cardio workout, and I have the FitBit data to prove it!

What will really be interesting is when the Vive Tracker lets you add real life hardware to the virtual experience. Swinging an actual baseball bat in the baseball sim I did when trying out the Trackers was amazing.
    Yeah, very interested also. Should improve the immersion even more.

Cheers
    04-05-2017 03:33 PM